: air ventilation button display

ruby 1
03-29-12, 11:28 PM
When I put AC button on auto, neither recirc button or outside air button lite up. So I don't know if the air is coming from outside or recir. on my previously C6 vette, the button would stay lit so I knew if it was recir or not. Also the display showing air duct operation is blank unless I manually push button to reflect air up or down.. Is this normal on my CTS-V sedan?

baabootoo
03-30-12, 01:14 PM
The empty screen seems normal. Mine does that too, unless I push something to change it. The recirc will be off, until you push it, unless maybe? during a summer auto-start. Lastly, what mode are you in? In Defrost it won't work, and goes off after 10 minutes. I still don't know it all after over a year! :)

ruby 1
03-30-12, 07:07 PM
When i press auto, I don't know what mode I am in because the recir and outside air button do not lite up or stay lit.

thebigjimsho
03-31-12, 05:18 PM
When i press auto, I don't know what mode I am in because the recir and outside air button do not lite up or stay lit.

I thought it was because it selects itself. So whenever you choose, its not in Auto...

baabootoo
03-31-12, 07:17 PM
The "AUTO" button should be lit up too.

Thrill6
03-31-12, 08:35 PM
When in "Auto" mode the default is outide air but it does not light up. When it switches over to recirc, the recirc light will come on and when it switches back to outside, again no lights on either button. I don't know if this a "bug" or a "feature".

ruby 1
04-01-12, 01:02 AM
When in "Auto" mode the default is outide air but it does not light up. When it switches over to recirc, the recirc light will come on and when it switches back to outside, again no lights on either button. I don't know if this a "bug" or a "feature".
You would think the outside air button would be lit when in use. Strange operating system.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-02-12, 10:36 AM
Sorry to hear about the confusion, ruby 1! Have your AC questions been resolved? Please don't hesitate to send me a private message if you have lingering questions or concerns.

Hope you were able to have a great weekend,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

baabootoo
04-02-12, 11:09 PM
I had to go out and check after reading this since I was becoming confused! :) All four of my buttons have lights on them, and are lit when they are activated. The only conflict is when AUTO is on, it won't RECIRC when cold like was said, it will just use outside air, and be lit.

ruby 1
04-03-12, 01:07 AM
Ok I checked again. When on auto the recirc lite will go on when in use. When not in recirc mode the lite goes out but the outside air button does not lite up. This seems strange to me. On my 2006 c6 vette when in auto, the mode in use will have the button lite up so I know if it is on recir or outside air mode. Just saying...

thebigjimsho
04-03-12, 12:21 PM
Good to know. Now, let's move on and not dwell on trivial things like the SRX guys do...