: Texas Mile CTS-V

TX_Conda
03-29-12, 11:04 PM
Ran for the second time at the Texas Mile last weekend. Posted a top speed of 182.5 mph in the standing mile. In October I posted a top speed of 173.4 mph. This improvement includes new mods of Lingefelter ported and polished cylinder heads and Eibach lowering springs.

Great event, would love to see some more Vs from the state out there!

TX_Conda
03-29-12, 11:06 PM
The 152.3 mph is the half mile trap.

V locity
03-30-12, 07:57 AM
Wanted to PM you, but looks like it's turned off? Wanted to ask about your mods...

Thanks!

SecretWeapon
03-30-12, 08:38 AM
Nice times. Where are you located and what mods are you sporting?

bzabodyn
03-30-12, 10:06 AM
Congrats! I was planning on taking my son Saturday, but I had a little too good of a time at a local fundraiser Friday night. A good friend of mine (father-son) brought a Shelby and brand new Boss 302 to run. The V Wagon will be ready to go come October though. I'm not past break-in so I was concerned topping it out so soon (even though it's going in for a baseline dyno Monday).

Thanks again for sharing and I am also curious as to your mod list that helped you achieve those times (my personal goal is going to be 180).

BZ

RippyPartsDept
03-30-12, 10:13 AM
saw your car in pictures from GizmoQ's post about his time at the T-Mile

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/community-lounge-introductions-general-discussion/255787-texas-mile-23-25-march-2012-a.html

(http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/community-lounge-introductions-general-discussion/255787-texas-mile-23-25-march-2012-a.html)i like the look of your car

nice times too, btw

TX_Conda
03-30-12, 12:11 PM
Wanted to PM you, but looks like it's turned off? Wanted to ask about your mods...

Thanks!

Looks like PM is on but I will just post. Not sure what the issue may be.

----------

Mods
Currently 637hp at wheels dyno'd on a bad day for dyno so not sure what the variance could be...

-Lingenfelter CNC porting & polishing of LSA cylinder heads
- 2.165” diameter Intake valves
- 1.59” diameter Inconnel exhaust valves
- Multi-angle valve job, cc chambers, surfacing & spring height adjustment
- ZR1 camshaft
- Dual valve springs w, titanium retainers
- Stainless long tube headers w. hi flo catted center section
- 2.55 inch diameter steel supercharger drive pulley - powder coated black - 8 rib
- 8 rib serpentine belt
- Lingenfelter LS9 solid supercharger isolator coupling
- Port and polish supercharger snout
- Lingenfelter air intake duct
- K & N Air Filter
- Lingenfelter 10% overdrive harmonic balancer
- 85 lbs/hour fuel injectors
- 160 degree thermostat
- Eibach lowering springs

V locity
03-30-12, 12:24 PM
did you modify the stock airbox as the LPE instructions show?

TX_Conda
03-30-12, 05:48 PM
Yes it is modified

hunterkiller
04-02-12, 10:37 AM
Do you have a roll cage built for your car. If so I remember your car from last Oct, Let me know I need a cage

ultimateendz
04-03-12, 11:57 AM
im coming down from nj to run mine in october

hunterkiller
04-04-12, 10:59 AM
I will see you there in Oct, My car is currently having a coilover build by Peddlers. cant wait to get it back

whisler151
04-05-12, 01:37 PM
That's an awesome MPH. Congrats!

John Hennessey
04-05-12, 05:35 PM
Congrats and nice to meet you there.

jessrayo
04-06-12, 02:05 PM
Can you give more information on what it takes to get set to run there. I went to the Texas mile website and registered my car but I could not find any information on the October event. I assume there is a fee. Can you give me an idea what it would cost and when registration is opened for the October event.

To be honest I wish I could find a longer venue, I really would like to break 200mph and kind of suspect the car may be able to do it if I had enough road but I know 1 mile is not enough and I don't think I can even top out in a 2 mile straight. You went 0- 150 in the first half and only gained 30mph in the second half mile, I'm sure it was still climbing when you had to shut it down because the road is just going by too fast. From your Dyno specs you have at least 60 rwhp on me.

TX_Conda
04-07-12, 11:02 AM
Do you have a roll cage built for your car. If so I remember your car from last Oct, Let me know I need a cage

I don't, need one too though. Keep me posted if you find something you like, I will do the same.

----------

Can you give more information on what it takes to get set to run there. I went to the Texas mile website and registered my car but I could not find any information on the October event. I assume there is a fee. Can you give me an idea what it would cost and when registration is opened for the October event.

To be honest I wish I could find a longer venue, I really would like to break 200mph and kind of suspect the car may be able to do it if I had enough road but I know 1 mile is not enough and I don't think I can even top out in a 2 mile straight. You went 0- 150 in the first half and only gained 30mph in the second half mile, I'm sure it was still climbing when you had to shut it down because the road is just going by too fast. From your Dyno specs you have at least 60 rwhp on me.

Email Jessica, she is very helpful...info@texasmile.net

Longer? Try Bonneville! Or modify the car to do it! Ha!

It was still pulling at the mile mark and the 30 it gained from the half was proportionate to others but a big culprit is heat. I need to address this and can avoid losing what I estimate to be 50 hp from heat at the middle of those mile runs.

TX_Conda
04-15-12, 07:28 PM
Video footage from the Texas Mile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JMlEkDV0zs

V locity
04-15-12, 08:39 PM
Nice run & video production.

The car sounds great too! BTW, what's it layen down @ the tires?

TX_Conda
04-15-12, 10:16 PM

It is @ 637 for now!

----------

Thank you!

It is @ 637 for now!

GizmoQ
04-17-12, 11:25 PM
Great meeting you at the mile. Maybe once I iron out some more issues I'll sign up for October.

TX_Conda
04-20-12, 12:34 PM
You too Gizmo. Look forward to seeing you out there!

TX_Conda
04-25-12, 12:07 PM
Congrats and nice to meet you there.

Thanks, nice to meet you too. Congrats on the GT!