: Replacing the rear valence

Bigron
03-29-12, 11:22 PM
For anyone that posted on here that taking the rear valence off is easy, I would like to say your guidance was misleading. After an hour trying to get those two upper middle clips off, my patience left the project and it was removed by force. Needless to say I won't be going back to stock.
I wanted to warn anyone that is considering the mod to understand that it is not a quick and easy job. Maybe the next person that successfully completes the project can post a video or a step by step process to get the center clips up top off.

CTSV21
03-30-12, 12:05 AM
What are you replacing it with?

Bigron
03-30-12, 12:11 AM
I picked up a hydro-carbon piece.

thebigjimsho
03-30-12, 12:29 AM
Did you undo the bumper first? I think you have to just to get to those clips in the first place, right? I didn't remember it to be hard at all. Maybe I used pliers to get to there, I don't remember...

Bigron
03-30-12, 08:47 AM
You took the whole bumper off?

thebigjimsho
03-30-12, 11:27 AM
No, just disconnect the points that attach underneath. I think that allows you to work up there..

Ray G
07-10-12, 10:15 PM
ok, I just spent way too much time trying to do this. Disconnected the points underneath and the top center clips were still impossible. I have the arms of a 3rd grade schoolgirl so fat hands and arms are certainly not the problem. I finally caved in and also removed the last ones by force. A video would be hugely helpful. Wish me luck as I am off to do the fog light surrounds next.

thebigjimsho
07-10-12, 11:52 PM
Those WILL be easier...

Razorecko
07-13-12, 10:12 AM
you could of searched....

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-cadillac-cts-v-general-discussion/195957-my-custom-valance.html