: What neat Features do you like on your Escalade? Lets make a list

PeteKT
03-29-12, 02:38 PM
I just found out my Truck had the voice command from the steering wheel.

I like the small stuff we find in our trucks that sometimes we dont know

What tricks or tips do you each have that you like about your escalade, if its a feature tell us how it works since some of us dont know them.

I love the reverse camera for when im hooking up the boat to the hitch.

ELUSIVE
03-30-12, 02:18 PM
No responses? A similar post on the Porsche board was filled with 5 pages within a few days.
LOL

----------

I'll admit that I love the Onstar iphone app and being able to check info on the vehicle. My Escalade was recently in the shop for service and I kept pinging it to see if they had worked on it. Sure enough I refresh one time and it had been driven a few miles and the oil life was back up to 100%. Earlier that day i predicted that that car was outside facing east because the tire pressures on the right side were significantly higher.

Also very much like the bluetooth through voice commands and the heated seats are the warmest i've ever experienced.

Playdrv4me
03-30-12, 03:40 PM
No responses? A similar post on the Porsche board was filled with 5 pages within a few days.
LOL

That's probably because the Escalade's neatest "feature" is the outside of the truck. It doesn't have many of the gadgets that are common on almost every other major competitor today so there's not a very long list.

Whatever happened with your engine situation?

surfsalot
03-30-12, 04:12 PM
My wife loves the power lift gate. I love the 22" rims and the cooled seats.

roadog1aj
03-31-12, 08:22 AM
We just traded our 06 STS V8 4 in on a 2011 EXT Premium. I like the power running boards, beautiful 22" rims, power gas & brake pedals, back-up camera, and the power folding mirrors, Oh...love the throaty exhaust sound too. The wife isn't too keen on the running boards, She says they get in her way when she is sliding out of the truck. This truck is also really awesome looking when it is clean....Black is a pain to keep clean, but boy does it look good clean! I must say, we actually went backwards in the cool gadgets category, as our STS was like a cross between a space ship, and sports car. It had every option except the HUD & Adaptive cruise control. So we kind of miss lots of stuff that isn't available on the EXT. (rain sense wipers, multi-disc CD/DVD player, headlight washers, total interior/exterior memory settings for 2 people....oops, sorry this is off topic...Love the truck tho!!!)

hannity
03-31-12, 07:01 PM
That's probably because the Escalade's neatest "feature" is the outside of the truck. It doesn't have many of the gadgets that are common on almost every other major competitor today so there's not a very long list.

Whatever happened with your engine situation?

So true.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-03-12, 09:14 AM
ELUSIVE, thanks for starting this thread! It's wonderful seeing all the positive Escalade feedback and I hope more owners chime in. :)

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

PeteKT
04-03-12, 10:15 AM
ELUSIVE, thanks for starting this thread! It's wonderful seeing all the positive Escalade feedback and I hope more owners chime in. :)

Best,

Katie

You might qwant to check again who started it :)

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-03-12, 04:12 PM
D'oh! Apologies for my scroll malfunction earlier. :) Many thanks for kicking this thread off, PeteKT!

Katie

ELUSIVE
04-03-12, 04:40 PM
I just tried to get it going after no responses.
Katie, please pass along to the powers that may be that the Escalade should have all of the same technology as the other Cadillac's.
It somewhat to difficult to understand why a $78K Escalade is out-featured by another Cadillac at 1/2 the cost.

With that said, I love my truck for what it is.

Bigplay
04-10-12, 04:50 PM
Let me start off by saying I Love My Brand new Escalade I just bought last week. I have to agree with the post by elusive in that it needs the same features that Cadillac cars have. I have a 05 STS and still love all the features it came with that are just now coming on new cars from other manufactures. That said I should have been able to walk up to my Escalade on just open the door and start it up with the key in my pocket like my STS. I had a 02 Escalade before buying the STS and the improvements to my 2012 Escalade are a lot but I would like to see the heated & cooled cup holders and 22" wheels standard and the new cue technology coming on the new XTS in the Escalade as well.

richardarroyo
08-30-12, 02:57 PM
One feature that i like is the power folding 2nd row captain chairs. Although you still kinda need to help it all the forward sometimes so it can be snug behind the front seats its still a pretty cool feature. Another thing would be the leather seats on the platinum edition compared to the normal escalade leather seats. You can really feel a big difference in the quality of the leather material. Had an 03 BMW 7 Series before and the technology on that was impressive being that it was an 03. GM really needs to step it up a little on the technology part of it especially for their "top of the line" escalades.

lpe350
09-05-12, 07:51 PM
1) I really enjoy my heated windshield washer fluid on my 08' (upgraded, non "fire hazzard" unit). It helps with tough to get off bugs on road trips.
2) 6L80E- night and day compared to a 4 spd auto.
3) Rainsense wipers are cool too... just being lazy.

evois
09-06-12, 05:34 AM
I like the 25mpg highway and the 19-20mpg city of my escalade hybrid which has been trouble free since brand new, now at 100k miles.

quattrotman
09-07-12, 02:20 AM
-Remote start
-Power
-versitility (its an EXT)
-ride
-Cooled seats
-looks

Gotta be honest though...not the nicest truck interior for the money and kinda lacking on quality materials but it is what it is and I do like it.

surburban99
09-08-12, 10:11 AM
With my 2011, my favorite features are the remote start, and the cooled seats (especially at this time of the year). I do miss the rainsense wipers.

evois
09-08-12, 12:18 PM
I have the rainsense wipers, autoheadlights, bright/low auto, blind spot warning, etc. all in the 2009.