: Motor Mounts - It's 2012, what's the best option?

CTSV_510
03-29-12, 01:54 PM
I missed a period of time over 2010/2011 and wasn't paying close attention to the forum, and as I look back I see several options have come and some have gone, and some stayed around. It's finally time I address this issue in my V, so I just wanted to confirm the options. I searched and there didn't seem to be any recently updated threads with this information. I appreciate any comments.

UUC - discontinued?

Creative Steel - redesigned the gray mounts that were failing, currently black mounts <---- These seem to be the way to go?

UMI - These are more rigid/solid mounts that will transmit more vibration

If I missed anything, please comment. I daily drive my V, don't race it, so I looking at the Creative Steel mounts over the UMI. Have all the issues been solved with the new CS black mounts? Has anyone run these new black mounts for over a year/10,000 miles or more with no reported issues?

If CS is the way to go, I'll go for them along with the diff bushing and the diff block they have now and get these areas tightened up finally. That being said, if anyone has any of those parts paying around uninstalled that they want to get rid of, please let me know...

Nick4208
03-29-12, 03:46 PM
Revshift has them also, I dont know if anyone has tried them.
https://www.revshift.com/shop/polyurethane-motor-mounts-2003-2007-cadillac-cts.html

Andringa
03-29-12, 04:01 PM
I think that Creative Steel mounts are still the way to go.

-I installed Creative Steel Black mounts on 9/2/2010 and I just happen to be under the car last night and they still look like new.
-I installed Creative Steel Diff bushing at the same time and it seems to be holding up.
-I installed a Creative Steel Trans mount on 10/13/2010. It is holding up as well, but I never really noticed much difference from stock. If I had it to do again I may just leave the stock trans mount in there until it fails.

I'd have to check my records, but I'm assuming that I've put 10k+ miles of Daily Driving on since then. No track days, but I definitely don't take it easy on my V.

FuzzyLogic
03-29-12, 09:13 PM
Andringa, what were your driving impressions after installing the differential bushing and transmission mount? Any difference in shifting the car?

CTSV_510
03-29-12, 11:49 PM
Revshift has them also, I dont know if anyone has tried them.
https://www.revshift.com/shop/polyurethane-motor-mounts-2003-2007-cadillac-cts.html

I haven't heard of those before, it doesn't look like they're for a V. It says 2003-2007 CTS so I would assume they're meant for the 6 cylinder motors and not ours.

----------

I think that Creative Steel mounts are still the way to go.

-I installed Creative Steel Black mounts on 9/2/2010 and I just happen to be under the car last night and they still look like new.
-I installed Creative Steel Diff bushing at the same time and it seems to be holding up.
-I installed a Creative Steel Trans mount on 10/13/2010. It is holding up as well, but I never really noticed much difference from stock. If I had it to do again I may just leave the stock trans mount in there until it fails.

I'd have to check my records, but I'm assuming that I've put 10k+ miles of Daily Driving on since then. No track days, but I definitely don't take it easy on my V.

Thanks for the info, I had planned on skipping the trans mount for now. I figure after the clutch, motor mounts and diff bushing & block, it should be pretty tightened up and I'll know for sure at that point whether the trans mount in necessary. It's to good to hear everything is good with the motor mounts after a year and a half.

6 SPEED Z
03-30-12, 07:37 AM
FWIW, I just did the CS diff bushing and block, well worth it, the tool from CS works like a champ. I dropped the exhaust, watch the cat bolts, of course I had the left ones break, which added some time to the whole project.

Revshift
03-30-12, 09:07 AM
I haven't heard of those before, it doesn't look like they're for a V. It says 2003-2007 CTS so I would assume they're meant for the 6 cylinder motors and not ours.

We make them for the CTS and the CTS-V. https://revshift.com/shop/bushings-/-mounts/cadillac.html

We also guarantee our motor and trans mounts. If you are the original purchaser and the mount breaks, we will send you new ones.

Our polyurethane motor mounts are unlike any other mounts on the market for several reasons. We have been working closely with one of the leading chemical manufacturing companies to develop a highly durable, high performance polyurethane formulated specifically for automotive use. We process the raw polyurethane and mold the mounts ourselves. This gives us complete control of the manufacturing process and the quality of the part. We do not simply laminate the polyurethane to the metal ends. We use carefully designed ends with tig welded internal flanges molded deep into the mount to prevent delamination/separation. The hardware we use is the best that we can get. All mounts utilize class 12.9 high tensile strength bolts. They will not bend, stretch, break, or strip out.

CTSV_510
03-30-12, 10:02 AM
We make them for the CTS and the CTS-V. https://revshift.com/shop/bushings-/-mounts/cadillac.html

We also guarantee our motor and trans mounts. If you are the original purchaser and the mount breaks, we will send you new ones.

Our polyurethane motor mounts are unlike any other mounts on the market for several reasons. We have been working closely with one of the leading chemical manufacturing companies to develop a highly durable, high performance polyurethane formulated specifically for automotive use. We process the raw polyurethane and mold the mounts ourselves. This gives us complete control of the manufacturing process and the quality of the part. We do not simply laminate the polyurethane to the metal ends. We use carefully designed ends with tig welded internal flanges molded deep into the mount to prevent delamination/separation. The hardware we use is the best that we can get. All mounts utilize class 12.9 high tensile strength bolts. They will not bend, stretch, break, or strip out.

Ok, good to know! That first link pointed to the wrong mounts and I didn't do more searching of your site. As I said, I haven't paid that close attention the last couple years and I'm sure I missed plenty. From your description it sounds like your mounts are very high quality, and the price is certainly the best around. My only hang up would be a lack of reviews from people that have used them, I'm not much of a guinea pig.

I don't see pictures or any mention of heat shields - do your mounts come with them?

Does anyone know the hardness of the CS black mounts? Anyone out there running the Revshift mounts?

Revshift
03-30-12, 12:12 PM
I don't see pictures or any mention of heat shields - do your mounts come with them?

Our mounts do not come with heat shields nor do we offer them, for one simple reason, our mounts do not require heat shields. The polyurethane we use is formulated for automotive use which allows it to properly withstand heat from the exhaust manifolds/headers. We make polyurethane mounts for several cars including track only race cars. We have never once had a motor mount fail from heat. If for some reason you were concerned about heat then we suggest wrapping the motor mounts with a layer of DEI header wrap. But again, we have never had an issue with heat and on some cars our mounts are operating as close as an inch away from the headers.

It should be noted that some of our competitors do not use real polyurethane. They use something called Flexane 94 (97A hardness) and Flexane 80 (87A hardness). Flexane is a urethane rubber sealant, it does not stand up to heat very well. It is the same type of stuff that is used to seal your windshield. It is not intended to be used as automotive bushings or mounts. This is why many people believe that heat shields are required. You can google "devcon flexane" to learn more about that stuff.

CancerJCC
03-30-12, 02:08 PM
Revshift this is the first I've heard of your mounts but they certainly do look like quality pieces! Thanks for bringing another option to the table for us V1 guys!

CTSV_510 I've been running my CS Black MM's for well over 15k with no issues to report. (554rwhp for most of them) I was one of the early adopters of the "grey" durometer ones that failed. It was a PITA but Max made it right and I've had zero issues to report since then! I know nothing of Revshift but Maxes customer service can't be beat. Oh and lastly if you are still on stock MM's you are going to love this "mod" more than any other! (Well maybe not the Maggie but close)

CTSV_510
03-30-12, 04:28 PM
Our mounts do not come with heat shields nor do we offer them, for one simple reason, our mounts do not require heat shields. The polyurethane we use is formulated for automotive use which allows it to properly withstand heat from the exhaust manifolds/headers. We make polyurethane mounts for several cars including track only race cars. We have never once had a motor mount fail from heat. If for some reason you were concerned about heat then we suggest wrapping the motor mounts with a layer of DEI header wrap. But again, we have never had an issue with heat and on some cars our mounts are operating as close as an inch away from the headers.

It should be noted that some of our competitors do not use real polyurethane. They use something called Flexane 94 (97A hardness) and Flexane 80 (87A hardness). Flexane is a urethane rubber sealant, it does not stand up to heat very well. It is the same type of stuff that is used to seal your windshield. It is not intended to be used as automotive bushings or mounts. This is why many people believe that heat shields are required. You can google "devcon flexane" to learn more about that stuff.

I do appreciate your input and responses, it all sounds very good and at $90 less than the closest competition it is very tempting. I may have to try a set of your blue "soft/street" mounts if I get the courage to be a pioneer. You seem very confident that these work with no problem and without heat shields, but with the nightmares our community has gone through with various motor mount failures between stock and aftermarket, you can imagine my reluctance. For the right deal I would probably be the first on the forum to try them and write a review...if all goes well you could sell a lot of these ;)

The Creative Steel mounts are described as being made from "urethane" but it does not go into specifics beyond that.

atdeneve
03-30-12, 04:36 PM
I've got an extra set of UUC banana yellows, if anyone's lookin.

CTSV_510
03-30-12, 05:34 PM
I've got an extra set of UUC banana yellows, if anyone's lookin.

What's the deal with those? Are they the latest version from UUC? Do they have heat shields? How much $$?

rand49er
03-30-12, 05:37 PM
I've got an extra set of UUC banana yellows, if anyone's lookin.Me, too.:alchi:

CTSV_510
03-30-12, 05:57 PM
Well in my impatience and excitement to get this car to where I want it, I just ordered the Creative Steel motor mounts, diff bushing and diff block. The diff pieces will be installed next week with my LS7 clutch, the motor mounts soon after. :bouncy:

The new question is...what is the labor time on the motor mount job with headers? Remove headers, support engine, lower subframe, remove old mounts, install new mounts, secure subframe, re-install headers....

2007ThunderV
03-30-12, 06:52 PM
Well in my impatience and excitement to get this car to where I want it, I just ordered the Creative Steel motor mounts, diff bushing and diff block. The diff pieces will be installed next week with my LS7 clutch, the motor mounts soon after. :bouncy:

The new question is...what is the labor time on the motor mount job with headers? Remove headers, support engine, lower subframe, remove old mounts, install new mounts, secure subframe, re-install headers....
i am also interested in finding out whats involved in changing motor mounts...
subscribing

JazMiller
03-30-12, 09:08 PM
This might be helpful info - haven't done MM's on my 05, but I have been recently looking around to see what's involved in it.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-performance/180179-uuc-motor-mounts-version-2-a.html

rand49er
03-30-12, 09:12 PM

The new question is...what is the labor time on the motor mount job with headers? Remove headers, support engine, lower subframe, remove old mounts, install new mounts, secure subframe, re-install headers....I believe there's a video of someone changing the MMs somewhere. Or was it just pics? I think it was a vendor. Really slick the way he accomplished it. Don't recall if the car had headers or not.

Are there really guys who don't have headers?!!

Oh, yeah ... Tony.

CTSV_510
03-30-12, 09:49 PM
I believe there's a video of someone changing the MMs somewhere. Or was it just pics? I think it was a vendor. Really slick the way he accomplished it. Don't recall if the car had headers or not.

Are there really guys who don't have headers?!!

Oh, yeah ... Tony.

Yeah, creative steel has videos on their website for a stock V, they did it by supporting the engine and lowering the sub frame rather than jacking up the motor (not really an option with the maggie). I know what's involved and how its done, I am just curious to see who out there with headers has paid a shop labor hours for the work and how many hours it took. I would do it on my own but I don't have a lift or a garage or a second vehicle yet. I have a friend that is putting a shop together and will have a lift, so I my wait for that, but I'm not sure I feel like diving into mod hell this spring.

It is hard to believe that Tony is still driving around with those cast iron weights attached to his motor.

Overd0s3
03-30-12, 09:59 PM
I have UMIs and I LOVE them. Yeah a tad more vibration but barely anything... I was expecting worse when I read here. I also have headers and a cam- note that with open headers that the volume is how I want it aka I am very tolerant of noise

darkman
03-31-12, 10:25 AM
... I am just curious to see who out there with headers has paid a shop labor hours for the work and how many hours it took.

Because the Service Manual method for replacing the motor mounts calls for the installation and subsequent removal of an engine support fixture the Standard labor allowance is 4.6 hours for both mounts. Additionally, the labor allowance for removing the exhaust maniflolds (headers in your case) is another 3.6 hours. So the only way to get a reasonable installation charge is to find a shop that will acknowledge the time savings from known short cuts on this particular task.

CTSV_510
04-02-12, 02:08 PM
Well, I'm impressed so far. I ordered motor mounts, diff bushing and block on Friday at 6:00 EST and they were delivered today! OR to PA over the weekend! Thanks Creative Steel!

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn240/ctsv510/IMG_20120402_135852.jpg

LS7 clutch, motor mounts, diff bushing & block, and new shifter linkage bushings getting installed on Wednesday. It should feel like a whole new car!

Andringa
04-02-12, 02:22 PM
As far as install goes. I have a neighbor that has a lift and does work for people. I read info here ahead of time and watched Creative Steel's videos to get an idea of what we were getting into.

With the lift and a transmission jack we got the Motor mounts and Diff bushing replaced in 3.5 hours. (The bushing tool that Creative Steel rents out helped a ton).
The transmission mount I did in about an hour by myself on ramps.

xbladr
04-03-12, 02:16 AM
I am thinking about possibly giving rev shift a shot when I do mine the blue look nice as I don't want too many vibrations in the car

lollygagger8
04-03-12, 10:02 AM
I don't know if my UUC yellows are failing, or have failed, but I'll probably be getting these Revshifts in blue......helluva deal![COLOR="Silver"]

----------

One question to Revshift though.......I don't see the alignment pegs on yours....why is that?

FuzzyLogic
04-03-12, 11:55 AM
I've been reading posts on BMW forums regarding their concerns about RevShift mounts. I'm going to dig into this further and report back.

Revshift
04-03-12, 12:21 PM
One question to Revshift though.......I don't see the alignment pegs on yours....why is that?
There are no alignment pegs because they are not necessary. The studs on either side are centered so there is not a specific orientation in which they need to be installed.

I keep seeing bad things about the RevShift mounts online. I'd stay away.
Just yesterday you emailed us asking for a "considerable discount" in exchange for a positive review of our motor mounts. Yet now you are telling people to stay away because you saw some old thread on a bmw forum about someone who had an issue. I do not see how this has anything to do with our Cadillac mounts. We have been making motor mounts for 5 years now. Of course there have been a few people who have had some isolated incidents over the years. I dont think it is possible for any company making any kind product to completely avoid having any issues what so ever. Not to mention the fact that we have been continually improving our processes to make the best quality parts that we possibly can. And we will continue to do so for as long as we are making parts.
My point is that just because a couple people have had an issue over the years does not mean that Revshift makes bad parts. We have thousands of customers that are extremely happy with our parts. We have already sold a fair amount of Cadillac motor mounts with no issues at all.

FuzzyLogic
04-03-12, 01:01 PM
Just yesterday you emailed us asking for a "considerable discount" in exchange for a positive review of our motor mounts. Yet now you are telling people to stay away because you saw some old thread on a bmw forum about someone who had an issue. I do not see how this has anything to do with our Cadillac mounts. We have been making motor mounts for 5 years now. Of course there have been a few people who have had some isolated incidents over the years. I dont think it is possible for any company making any kind product to completely avoid having any issues what so ever. Not to mention the fact that we have been continually improving our processes to make the best quality parts that we possibly can. And we will continue to do so for as long as we are making parts.
My point is that just because a couple people have had an issue over the years does not mean that Revshift makes bad parts. We have thousands of customers that are extremely happy with our parts. We have already sold a fair amount of Cadillac motor mounts with no issues at all.

Incorrect. I asked for a substantial discount to write a review. Not a positive one. Frankly, you should be giving away a few of these things for free, given the risk that you're asking us to make with unproven motor mounts. Ignoring all of the "I just installed the mounts and they seem fine" posts (which are useless), I'm seeing stories of snapped lugs, bad/improper fitment on a few BMW models, and a smattering of bad buying experiences on eBay and Craigslist, where you apparently also do business.

Also, I do not appreciate being called on my cell phone at work during business hours literally 15 seconds after posting words of caution. In my opinion, any company that is this aggressive about squelching negative feedback should be regarded with caution.

CTSV_510
04-03-12, 01:03 PM
I've been reading posts on BMW forums regarding their concerns about RevShift mounts. I'm going to dig into this further and report back.

Since we don't have any input on V owners using these mounts, we should refrain from comments like this about a supporting vendor without actual proof. It would be better to dig before making any comments.

I do believe it would be in RevShift's best interest to subsidize a set of mounts in some way in exchange for a review of the product on this forum because if their confidence in these mounts is substantiated, they stand to make a lot of sales based on the reviews and their price point. It sounds like you ruined this for yourself Fuzzy, but maybe another pioneer would be willing to ask.

EdmundGTP
04-03-12, 01:13 PM
I had my dealership install the UMI's and CS diff bushing in mine. They did the Diff bushing as a no charge warranty replacement because it was totally hosed. 4th one the car has eaten in its 37K mile life. The motor mounts were still "good" so they couldn't do a no charge replacement. They did work a deal for me on it though and only charged me 3 hrs labor to put them in, and they charged me at the "warranty" labor rate which was about 25% cheaper than their regular labor rate.

FuzzyLogic
04-03-12, 01:20 PM
Since we don't have any input on V owners using these mounts, we should refrain from comments like this about a supporting vendor without actual proof. It would be better to dig before making any comments.

I do believe it would be in RevShift's best interest to subsidize a set of mounts in some way in exchange for a review of the product on this forum because if their confidence in these mounts is substantiated, they stand to make a lot of sales based on the reviews and their price point. It sounds like you ruined this for yourself Fuzzy, but maybe another pioneer would be willing to ask.

The evidence that you're looking for will require at least 20,000 miles of CTS-V test data. I'd argue that it's perfectly acceptable to utilize other customers' experiences as a way to broadly gauge risk for our vehicles.

And as far as "ruining" something, the only thing I lost was a paltry 10% coupon code (value: $15). I guarantee that if any damage occurs as a result of one of the lugs coming off the motor mounts, excessive vibration due to imbalance, etc, it's going to cost far more than the $50-100 differential between RevShift and Creative Steel or UMI's products.

What's more important to me here is the fact that the guy at RevShift just lied and tried to smear my reputation rather than taking a more constructive or diplomatic approach.

Revshift
04-03-12, 01:42 PM
The evidence that you're looking for will require at least 20,000 miles of CTS-V test data. I'd argue that it's perfectly acceptable to utilize other customers' experiences as a way to broadly gauge risk for our vehicles.

And as far as "ruining" something, the only thing I lost was a paltry 10% coupon code (value: $15). I guarantee that if any damage occurs as a result of one of the lugs coming off the motor mounts, excessive vibration due to imbalance, etc, it's going to cost far more than the $50-100 differential between RevShift and Creative Steel or UMI's products.

What's more important to me here is the fact that the guy at RevShift just lied and tried to smear my reputation rather than taking a more constructive or diplomatic approach.While I don't want this thread to get severely off topic, I feel the need to correct some misconceptions here.

I am not trying to ruin your reputation on this forum, on the contrary, you made a post that would ruin our reputation. As a forum sponsor we take our reputation quite seriously and to have someone deliberately state that they should stay away from our parts warrants us taking action to protect our name. To take a couple of problematic customers and try to blanket their problems across the entire gamut of our parts line up is absurd. Furthermore, I don't see how I lied or how we could have taken a more "constructive and diplomatic approach" to handling your attempt at steering customers away from our products. We take our company image very seriously and we try our best to present everyone with simple facts and nothing more.

atdeneve
04-03-12, 09:46 PM
gamut

CadzillaTN
04-04-12, 11:44 AM
Someone posted a link to a company that made mounts that were a replica of the stockers. Anyone remember that, or the name?

I'm thinking about going back to stock mounts with a torque cable. I've had enough with the vibes. Shifting speed be damned, I don't street race or drag my car. In the event I track it one day, softer mounts wont even be a factor.

I've had my car apart so many times now (not by choice, but I've become proficient nonetheless) I could do mounts in my driveway easily in <2 hours, so longevity is not as important a factor to me as it was 2 yrs ago.

CTSV_510
04-04-12, 11:55 AM
Someone posted a link to a company that made mounts that were a replica of the stockers. Anyone remember that, or the name?

I'm thinking about going back to stock mounts with a torque cable. I've had enough with the vibes. Shifting speed be damned, I don't street race or drag my car. In the event I track it one day, softer mounts wont even be a factor.

I've had my car apart so many times now (not by choice, but I've become proficient nonetheless) I could do mounts in my driveway easily in <2 hours, so longevity is not as important a factor to me as it was 2 yrs ago.

I don't recall ever hearing about those replica mounts....what mounts do you have in your car now?

xbladr
04-04-12, 11:05 PM
id also like to know what mounts you are currently using... i am not looking forward to vibrations but these stock mounts blow

CancerJCC
04-05-12, 10:47 AM
No vibrations with Creative Steel black mounts guys. None.

CadzillaTN
04-05-12, 01:00 PM
I don't recall ever hearing about those replica mounts....what mounts do you have in your car now?

Stock mounts. I got a new set and drilled holes in the top, took out the liquid, and filed them with poly. They were nice for 6 months or so, but I feel they have stiffened up significantly since.. maybe the heat baked the poly harder. I can't remember how long I've had them in. They are still in perfect condition though and work well, just too stiff. If I had to do it over again id do the same thing, just use a lower durometer poly. I think I went with a 60 but it could have been 80, I can't remember. Not sure what the 3m window weld durometer is, but I'd use that next time...

CadzillaTN
04-05-12, 01:14 PM
No vibrations with Creative Steel black mounts guys. None.

Compared to what? stock? Respectfully I have to say no way. They may not vibrate like hell, but statistically speaking, there will be more "vibes" than a stock mount. No way around it. The stock mount literally floats on a layer of soft rubber.

I went through this when I switched originally from stock to aftermarket mounts expecting "no addl vibes". There is simply not another mount that will mimic the dampening of the stockers and maintain it's integrity over time (even the stockers fail). CS tried this first with the greys and they couldn't take the engine heat, shielded or not, hence the switch to the black design. The greys added vibration, so there's no way the blacks don't create at least as much, or more.

Keep in mind I am comparing to stock V with intact mounts as a baseline...no mods.

Vibration is a very subjective topic.

CancerJCC
04-05-12, 07:03 PM
Keep in mind I am comparing to stock V with intact mounts as a baseline...no mods.

Vibration is a very subjective topic.

That much we can certainly agree on. I personally don't feel they added any vibrations but then again its been awhile since I was stock. That and my stock V came to me with 50k miles on it. Anyhow I also had the grays and now black and couldn't discern a difference between the two either.

I guess we can agree to disagree that vibration is subjective but I have none.

CadzillaTN
04-05-12, 10:12 PM
you're in Alabama right? We need to have a dirty south V meet.

Yes, low mile stock Vs are butter smooth.. I drove one after I had my original aftermarket mounts put in and was very surprised... Shifting was poop though, I guess you can't have it all.

CancerJCC
04-06-12, 09:19 AM
you're in Alabama right? We need to have a dirty south V meet.

Yes, low mile stock Vs are butter smooth.. I drove one after I had my original aftermarket mounts put in and was very surprised... Shifting was poop though, I guess you can't have it all.

Yeah AL/GA. I'm 2 minutes from the line. And I agree, maybe a show or something in ATL to center it around.

I guess I've never felt what completely stock was so my frame of reference is probably distorted.

CTSV_510
04-06-12, 05:08 PM
Update:

I just picked up my car today after having the LS7 clutch & flywheel, Creative Steel motor mounts, diff bushing and diff block, and new trans-side shifter linkage bushings installed and WOW! The car feels sooooo much better, the whole powertrain is very tight now. The center linakage brass bushings that I had put in from PISNUOFF and the home depot pvc fittings that Cadzilla found are a MUST DO for anyone that has any more than a 1/4 of slop in their shifter. Everything is tight now!

The motor mounts definitely add a little bit of vibration, but I pay it no mind. Between the s/c, headers, short shifter, etc, my car is not a cushy Cadillac and is just the way I like it. Everything I just had done was LONG overdue, I am very pleased, and I can't wait to get the new FG2s and ground control put on in a couple weeks!

CancerJCC
04-06-12, 08:27 PM
Update:

I just picked up my car today after having the LS7 clutch & flywheel, Creative Steel motor mounts, diff bushing and diff block, and new trans-side shifter linkage bushings installed and WOW! The car feels sooooo much better, the whole powertrain is very tight now. The center linakage brass bushings that I had put in from PISNUOFF and the home depot pvc fittings that Cadzilla found are a MUST DO for anyone that has any more than a 1/4 of slop in their shifter. Everything is tight now!

The motor mounts definitely add a little bit of vibration, but I pay it no mind. Between the s/c, headers, short shifter, etc, my car is not a cushy Cadillac and is just the way I like it. Everything I just had done was LONG overdue, I am very pleased, and I can't wait to get the new FG2s and ground control put on in a couple weeks!

Very nice! I think, besides the blower, that mounts all the way around are the best improvement on these cars!

D3l7a3ch0
04-06-12, 10:05 PM
Revshift I have your order page open at the moment, and I was about to place one--but then I noticed there was a blue and red. the race hardness... how much vibration are we talking about? will it make my plastics rattle?

my stock motor mounts are blown out. also, the free shipping is nice

Revshift
04-06-12, 11:43 PM
Revshift I have your order page open at the moment, and I was about to place one--but then I noticed there was a blue and red. the race hardness... how much vibration are we talking about? will it make my plastics rattle?

my stock motor mounts are blown out. also, the free shipping is nice

The 95A red mounts will cause a significant increase in vibration compared to the stock mounts. They wont rattle your car loose like solid mounts would but you will definitely notice it. We recommend the 80A blue mounts for cars that are mainly street driven. The rubber in stock mounts is usually around 65A hardness. Our 80A mounts are stiffer than stock but they will not add an intolerable amount of vibration. They are much stronger than the stock mounts and any other urethane mount for that matter.

D3l7a3ch0
04-07-12, 12:06 AM
wow, alright, thanks for the late nite reply~ I placed an order for the blue. NOW GIVE ME A DISCOUNT FOR A REVIEW OR ... hah. kidding.

V for victory
04-07-12, 09:36 AM
wow, alright, thanks for the late nite reply~ I placed an order for the blue. NOW GIVE ME A DISCOUNT FOR A REVIEW OR ... hah. kidding.

Revshift:

I will order the blue mounts and a pair of drive shaft couplers from you also. Can we get a discount on the package, I see their is a place to enter a code in the checkout but I dont have a discount code !!.

WarrenMRogers
04-07-12, 01:16 PM
When I look to order, it will only bring up the red mounts when I put in the 2004 Cadillac CTS-V. How do I get to the blue ones?

V for victory
04-07-12, 03:09 PM
[/COLOR]
When I look to order, it will only bring up the red mounts when I put in the 2004 Cadillac CTS-V. How do I get to the blue ones?

when you are on the 2004-07 cts-v mounts, it has a drop down menu for the red or blue.

https://www.revshift.com/shop/polyurethane-motor-mounts-2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v.html

V for victory
04-09-12, 07:51 PM
Ok, just purchased the front and rear drive shaft couplers and the blue (85A) motor mounts from Revshift. Will install in two weeks when I'm back home. Tks Revshift for the hook up too.

Larimer
04-10-12, 10:33 AM
Looking forward to hearing about the blue mounts. My stock ones are shot and I'm debating throwing in another set of stock ones.

xbladr
04-13-12, 02:31 AM
I am also interested I am doing my mounts in about a month and am curious if i should go with these or the CS ones

HAMSTAR
06-06-12, 04:02 PM
So what's the word? Lots of guys saying they were about to install them, but no reports back yet...

punisher28
08-23-12, 01:16 AM
Yup, where are the reviews on the Revshift motor mounts

Revshift
08-23-12, 06:28 AM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-performance/263441-rev-shift-motor-mounts-install-writeup.html
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-performance/259531-revshift-motor-mounts-installed.html
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/261497-revshift-trans-mount-insert.html

Everyone seems to be very happy with our products. No reported mount issues so far.

FuzzyLogic
08-23-12, 07:32 AM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-performance/263441-rev-shift-motor-mounts-install-writeup.html
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-performance/259531-revshift-motor-mounts-installed.html
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/261497-revshift-trans-mount-insert.html

Everyone seems to be very happy with our products. No reported mount issues so far.

That said, we only have one user between the Cadillac Forums and LS1Tech that has written back with his impressions on these motor mounts. Presently, we have less than five reported purchases. I know for a fact that at least one user has had these mounts collecting dust for months and months.

Personally, I can say that the RevShift T56 insert and Creative Steel differential bushing/block are solid products. The interesting thing about the poly in the RevShift insert is that it softens up after a couple of weeks of driving. When I first installed it, I couldn't keep anything metal in the cupholders or under the center armrest because the transmission vibrations were causing it to rattle (and dance at 4,000+ RPM). Over time, those vibrations decreased to roughly pre-installation levels.

I still feel like we need someone with a cam to review the motor mount offerings from all three companies. Without clear perspective, there will continue to be a large number of users that prefer to hang on to their ailing motor mount as long as they can. Unfortunately, the cost of acquiring some (or all) of the offerings is extremely prohibitive ($500-1000). What we have right is a bunch of "go/no-go" statements from people that have severely limited perspective on motor mounts.

Revshift
08-23-12, 09:01 AM
That said, we only have one user between the Cadillac Forums and LS1Tech that has written back with his impressions on these motor mounts. Presently, we have less than five reported purchases. I know for a fact that at least one user has had these mounts collecting dust for months and months.

I just went through a sales report and there have been over a few dozen sets of CTS-V motor mounts sold so far.

This is a common issue for manufacturers of products that people are happy with. Customers rarely speak up unless there is a problem. I wish it was the other way around but, unfortunately, a happy customer is a quiet customer.

FuzzyLogic
08-23-12, 09:38 AM
I wish it was the other way around but, unfortunately, a happy customer is a quiet customer.

Agreed, but I think that the people plugged into this forum have a prediliction to write in with any impressions (even weak or neutral ones). Theoretically, a very happy customer can be nearly as loud as a very unhappy one.

acaringnihilist
08-23-12, 09:41 AM
There was one user on LS1Tech that reported that his RevShift motor mount was melting. He didn't provide any pictures however so I don't know if it was legitimate.

HAMSTAR
08-23-12, 09:52 AM
Yeah you new to watch out for posts like that. Could be a competitor talking shit.

I went with UMI mounts and love em. There is some vibration, but .... racecar.

FuzzyLogic
08-23-12, 11:38 AM
Shoot, I forgot about the "melting" guy. He's from Maine (confirmed), and seeing as neither UMI or Creative Steel are located there, I doubt he's a plant. Headers get really hot. I would apply a heat shield irrespective of manufacturer recommendation unless you are running wrapped headers like me. It's cheap insurance.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/16570191-post9.html

HAMSTAR
08-23-12, 11:53 AM
Yeah, I wasn't saying he was bogus. I was saying that more proof is needed before slamming a fabricator, because they are few and far between, and some of them work on very thin margins. We need all the support we can get in the V world, given the low production numbers and the rate at which we total our cars. We are an ever-shrinking market.

lollygagger8
08-23-12, 12:22 PM
Get the Revshifts. I've clocked more than 2k miles in 100+ degree weather, with headers. No problems.

Worth every penny (and they are very well priced).

FuzzyLogic
08-23-12, 12:33 PM
Yeah, I wasn't saying he was bogus. I was saying that more proof is needed before slamming a fabricator, because they are few and far between, and some of them work on very thin margins. We need all the support we can get in the V world, given the low production numbers and the rate at which we total our cars. We are an ever-shrinking market.

I don't buy that. $150 for poly bushings is probably at least five times what it costs to fabricate them. We don't need a multitude of vendors--so long as there's one good solution, that's enough. Competition obviously doesn't promote competitive pricing in this arena.

HAMSTAR
08-23-12, 12:48 PM
I don't buy that. $150 for poly bushings is probably at least five times what it costs to fabricate them. We don't need a multitude of vendors--so long as there's one good solution, that's enough. Competition obviously doesn't promote competitive pricing in this arena.

And how much do you think shit would cost if there was only one vendor? One need look no further than the only supplier of a bolt-in 8.8...

Revshift
08-23-12, 01:24 PM
We do recommend using the factory heat shields. It states this on the product page.
We have been communicating with "the melting guy" and we have reason to believe it is an isolated incident. He also did not use any type of heat shielding. There was some surface burning/melting but nothing catastrophic. Needless to say, we are shipping him brand new mounts even though the melting has not effected the structural integrity of the mount. He is going to use the factory heat shields this time around and we are confident that he will not have any further issues.

acaringnihilist
08-23-12, 01:30 PM
We do recommend using the factory heat shields. It states this on the product page.
We have been communicating with "the melting guy" and we have reason to believe it is an isolated incident. He also did not use any type of heat shielding. There was some surface burning/melting but nothing catastrophic. Needless to say, we are shipping him brand new mounts even though the melting has not effected the structural integrity of the mount. He is going to use the factory heat shields this time around and we are confident that he will not have any further issues.

Outstanding customer service. I'm purchasing a set through you guys in the next few weeks and I'm local. Have you guys finished moving in?

Revshift
08-23-12, 01:51 PM
Outstanding customer service. I'm purchasing a set through you guys in the next few weeks and I'm local. Have you guys finished moving in?

Awesome! We are completely moved and fully operational. Give us a call to make sure we have everything in stock before you stop by.
586-510-4042

nvthev
08-23-12, 02:54 PM
Shoot, I forgot about the "melting" guy. He's from Maine (confirmed), and seeing as neither UMI or Creative Steel are located there, I doubt he's a plant. Headers get really hot. I would apply a heat shield irrespective of manufacturer recommendation unless you are running wrapped headers like me. It's cheap insurance.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/16570191-post9.html

Those Maine guys are douchbags :bouncy:

FuzzyLogic
08-23-12, 04:05 PM
Those Maine guys are douchbags :bouncy:

Yeah, but they're nothing like those Mass-holes (hyphenated because of auto-censorship). :bonkers:

My ex-girlfriend's family had a place on the coast in West Boothbay Harbor...great place to chill.

nvthev
08-23-12, 04:18 PM
Yeah, but they're nothing like those Mass-holes (hyphenated because of auto-censorship). :bonkers:

My ex-girlfriend's family had a place on the coast in West Boothbay Harbor...great place to chill.

I'm about 30 minutes from WBBH. Nice area.

stepchild21
08-23-12, 04:20 PM
Hey revsshift !!! My 2004 Cts v has creative steel steel motor and tranny mounts (not sure which model exactly ) I don't track my car or abuse it all that much. Just the occasional race here and there. What set do you recommend for me? Im looking for a set that doesn't vibrate as much as the ones I have now. They're brutal !!!!

FuzzyLogic
08-23-12, 05:49 PM
If you're getting "brutal" vibration, you probably have a dead harmonic balancer.

Revshift
08-23-12, 05:56 PM
Hey revsshift !!! My 2004 Cts v has creative steel steel motor and tranny mounts (not sure which model exactly ) I don't track my car or abuse it all that much. Just the occasional race here and there. What set do you recommend for me? Im looking for a set that doesn't vibrate as much as the ones I have now. They're brutal !!!!

Our 80A blue mounts are good mounts for street driving. We recommend our 95A red mounts for track/race use because they are quite stiff. I believe the mounts you currently have are 94A which is pretty hard for street use and would cause a bit of NVH.

stepchild21
08-23-12, 07:19 PM
It vibrates pretty bad (shakes my dash a pretty good) up until 2200 rpm or so then steadies out. So I would really like to fix that and have mounts that are smoother then these.

FuzzyLogic
08-23-12, 07:35 PM
It vibrates pretty bad (shakes my dash a pretty good) up until 2200 rpm or so then steadies out. So I would really like to fix that and have mounts that are smoother then these.

I'm warning you that it's probably not the motor mounts. You probably have a significant motor problem that softer motor mounts will only partially mask. I would immediately check the trueness of your harmonic balancer, and if you had your engine tuned, you may want to have it retuned by someone that knows what they're doing.

JFensty
08-23-12, 08:29 PM

What clutch are you running? Stock dual mass crapwheel will become worn and cause vibes.

stepchild21
08-23-12, 08:32 PM
How do you check your harmonic balancer !?!?

And my cars in the shop right now getting the ls7 clutch kit installed. So that'll rule out of its the clutch or not.

stepchild21
08-23-12, 08:33 PM
And my engines never been tuned. Only engine mod is cold air intake.

NC-V
08-23-12, 09:58 PM
I have a little over 1000 miles and ~3 months on my 80A revshift mounts and trans insert and all is good. No issues, no increased vibes or shifting issues. I would definitely still recommend them to anyone in the market for new mounts.

... Waiting to hear back from revshift about some Camaro SS mounts ... :bouncy:

-Kyle

JFensty
08-23-12, 11:01 PM
How do you check your harmonic balancer !?!?

And my cars in the shop right now getting the ls7 clutch kit installed. So that'll rule out of its the clutch or not.
Most times you can check it when the engine is running for any wobble or with engine off, check for the rubber to be coming out.

stepchild21
08-24-12, 01:33 AM
Okay perfect when I get my car I'll definitly check that out!!!

If the harmonic balancer is the case then what do you recommend I replace it with ??

GDPossehl
08-24-12, 09:13 AM
The AC Delco replacement is $75 on rockauto.com. The aftermarkets (ATI, Powerbond, Fluidampr) are all over $400. I'd just do a stock replacement. It'll probably last longer than you own the car.

stepchild21
08-24-12, 11:34 AM
Oh wow 75$ is a steal of a deal !!! I'll definitly be doing this. Thanks for all the help guys.

Now back to motor mounts. Sorry for Changing the Subject guys!!!!

FuzzyLogic
08-24-12, 11:43 AM
The AC Delco replacement is $75 on rockauto.com. The aftermarkets (ATI, Powerbond, Fluidampr) are all over $400. I'd just do a stock replacement. It'll probably last longer than you own the car.

They cost more because they actually dampen harmonics. I heartily disagree with your recommendation to go with an OEM pulley.

stepchild21
08-24-12, 12:50 PM
Fuzzy - what would Harmonic dampner do you recommend I go with ??

xxxcrown
09-13-12, 11:49 PM
When my car is at idle there is a slight vibration that happens. It goes in n out its there one second and not the next. When I am driving I dont notice anything, only when its at idle.

HAMSTAR
09-14-12, 10:04 AM
They cost more because they actually dampen harmonics. I heartily disagree with your recommendation to go with an OEM pulley.
I went with the ATI Damper. I think your choice will depend on whether you expect to do future mods, and how much you like to run in the high RPMs. If you are gonna drive it like a normal human being and aren't going to do future mods, then replace it with something inexpensive, but not stock. The stock pulleys are turds. If you are looking at adding significant power or are a high-revving monkey like me, then go with the ATI or fluidrampr.

sarg
06-29-13, 11:36 AM
Little bit of an old thread, but in the beginning I noticed that the revshift mounts were said not to need a heat shield. I now notice that they have a heatshield that is recommended on their site. So is this shield necessary or can the stocker be reused?

HAMSTAR
06-29-13, 02:27 PM
Sarg, you should ask them. IIRC, there was one instance of a mount getting heat burned, but it didn't affect the integrity of the mount. Revshift made a heat shield to prevent this happening, but they still maintain that it's not neccessary. If you ask me, I beliveve you can just re-use the stock heat shield. Still, call Revshift.

I'm running UMI mounts, and a while back I had promised to report how they felt with the car cammed. To be honest, they feel better than pre-cam because it seems they were transmitting high frequency vibration. Post-cam, the mounts transmit almost all the engine motion into the car, in effect using the car to dampen the engine. If you look at the motor, you don't notice it moving around or vibrating. This is good.

I love the feel of the car rocking around.

Blown_Red_97z
06-29-13, 04:10 PM
I am getting some motor vibration also around 1800 rpm, even out of gear. I'm thinking its either the dampner or the flywheel. Car has 83k on it on all stock components. It's probably time for motor / tranny mounts with the clutch and maybe the dampener. How are the poly mounts? Do they add vibration? I had a polyurethane transmission mount in my old camaro and it was awful I could feel everything.

eagle-co94
08-22-13, 10:05 AM
Anyone else have some updates on their mounts another year later?

SevillianSTS
08-22-13, 11:03 AM
Just put revshift blues on my motor, took out new stock oem mounts with 5k miles on them.

Absolutely no difference in vibration. Nice solid motor now.

Even with the stock mounts I've had people ask why the car shakes a little. I always smile and said cause its not a normal Cadillac.

I do also have the blue revshift transmission insert installed.

voodoochikin04
08-22-13, 12:02 PM
I had revshift blue mounts installed for 30 days. I did not use the heat jackets because of posts on here saying they werent needed unless with headers or in a high heat race application. BUT.. after 30 days my passenger side mount looked like black cauliflower and was cracked all over. the Drivers side mount looks like fresh baked brownies.. mmm.. Soooo revshift sent me new mounts and I purchased the heat jackets.

SevillianSTS
08-22-13, 12:31 PM
Meant to say yes I bought the silicone heat jackets AND I was able to reuse the foil "hats" from the stock mounts. The hats on my "new" stock mounts where different than the ones that originally come on the car.

giskard
08-25-13, 11:22 AM
I bought an 06 with a UUC shifter and what I think are UUC engine and tranny mounts. The tranny and engine noise coming through while cruising are louder than a stock car I rode. I'm considering changing them back to stock, or maybe the softest aftermarket ones (revshift blue?).

My complaint isn't the shaking at idle, it's the "RRRR" noise character that comes through while cruising at medium and higher speeds.

Those who went from stock rubber to revshift blue ... did you notice this noise get worse?

Cheers.

HAMSTAR
08-25-13, 11:27 AM
^ that's due to the tranny mount