: Vagon on order (rocking, squeaking, rattling)

TXAG2004
03-29-12, 01:31 PM
Been following this very informative forum for a month or so. I ordered my Vagon last week.
I've followed the comments about the rocking Recaros, the squeaky brakes, and the rattling superchargers. I preemptively questioned my dealer (in Houston) about these issues and received the following response (after I placed the order). They seem legit. Just thought I'd share.

I spoke with our Service Manager, to answer the following questions for you.
1) Recaro Seats There is a bulletin to repair rocking Recaro Seats however not all vehicles experience this so it is a case by case basis
2) Rattling from the supercharger GM is currently in the process of developing an updated part to address this issue. As soon as the part is available from GM, I will let you know so we can fix it.
3) Squeaky brakes This is also a case by case basis however if you experience this we will take care of it.

There is nothing that can be done preemptively because it is either a case by case basis or the part is not available. Bottom line is we will take care of you when the need arises.

elphil
03-29-12, 02:08 PM
On this forum we tend to hear from the folks that experience the problems you outlined, and little from the owners who have had no problems. In my 18 months of ownership of the V-Wagon I have experienced no problems.

Maxniman
03-29-12, 02:31 PM
what dealer in Houston are you using? did you lease or buy?

TXAG2004
03-29-12, 02:41 PM
Good to know. With this kind of purchase I wanted to see what their response was. Hopefully it won't be an issue for me.

Buying from Sewell

Moneypenny
03-29-12, 03:50 PM
Hey, my Vagon is on order as well. Very excited. Can't wait. Etc etc etc.

See my comments in http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-cadillac-cts-v-general-discussion/254613-brakes-squeaking-2.html about "bedding in" Brembo brakes. As soon as I take delivery, my first order of buisness is going to be driving about 15 miles west of the dealership to a pretty vacant stretch of road that I know of to bed in the new brakes. I'm hoping that this will pre-emptively stave off any squeaking.

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-29-12, 04:31 PM
I appreciate you sharing that, TXAG2004! Very true. And it sounds like you found yourself a great dealer. Congrats on your new purchase!

Please feel free to email me you name and VIN anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com and I can always research issues you're concerned about and see if they indeed pertain to your specific vehicle.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

thebigjimsho
03-29-12, 06:26 PM
NO PROBLEMS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

Does that work for you?

zinner
03-29-12, 11:05 PM
I wouldn't honestly waste one second worrying about any of those issues.

Superchargers rattle and make sounds different from a 3.6 V6 in your ordinary car. Some people can't get past that. There are video's on youtube you can listen to to make the call for yourself. It sounds like a normal eaton superchargers vehicle to me.
Just about every car can experience brake noise.
I have experience the Recaro issue, at first it's startling, but like they said the dealer can fix it if it comes up.

You are ordering one of the most bad ass Wagons on the planet, the reviews are all consistent. The car is a rocker, it's comfy, it handles aweomse. It's freaking awesome, people will always find fault.

thebigjimsho
03-30-12, 12:22 AM
That about says it all...

bzabodyn
03-30-12, 11:09 AM
Also curious about which dealer in Houston you are using - I bought from Ron Carter Clear Lake and they had 18 V's on the lot (sedans/coupes/2 wagons) - good service dept too with lots of knowledge on V's (probably because they sell more than just about anyone).

BZ