: is the 3.6 LYT similar to the Aussie Alloytec 3.6L?

bojangle
03-29-12, 01:06 PM
I recently purchased the plenum spacer from badnewsracing. It doesnt work on the NON-DI as the fuel rail goes down the middle of the plenum ports and the ports are different shaped. I did a little research and found on the G6 forums the GTP G6's have the 3.6 LYT as well. They were talking about a spacer that would work from the Aussie Alloytec 3.6:
http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11976&highlight=plenum+spacer
anyone know if this is true and some parts are similar? as always thanks for any help guys.

grsychckn
03-29-12, 05:56 PM
My understanding after having researched it a bit is that they are the same and the Mace Engineering product is the only spacer that will work with the non-DI LY7 V6 on the CTS. I actually browsed around on a G8 forum to figure this out as they share the same LY7 as the CTS from what I understand. Do your own research but I think I may purchase from them anyway as it will take a while to ship and I'm a bit impatient. If I do purchase them from Mace I'll try to update this thread when I get them.

bojangle
03-29-12, 06:02 PM
My understanding after having researched it a bit is that they are the same and the Mace Engineering product is the only spacer that will work with the non-DI LY7 V6 on the CTS. I actually browsed around on a G8 forum to figure this out as they share the same LY7 as the CTS from what I understand. Do your own research

Do my own research? I did that's how I found that link.

grsychckn
03-29-12, 06:05 PM
I just purchased a pair from Mace. I will probably take a few weeks to get to me but I'll update with info when I get them.

----------

Do my own research? I did that's how I found that link.
Yeah, I just don't want you to yell at me if you order and they don't fit. But like I posted above, I order them so if you want to wait, I'll try to install them when I get them and post some pictures. I don't have access to a dyno so I won't be writing a review, just the installation.

grsychckn
04-09-12, 10:18 AM
Over the weekend I got the mace engineering spacer in the mail. I haven't opened it yet but do expect to have it installed sometime this coming weekend. Expect pictures.

grsychckn
04-14-12, 12:42 PM
Wanted to update with a link to the thread where I install the Mace kit: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-cadillac-cts-performance-mods/257372-mace-engineering-intake-manifold-insulator-installation.html#post2934241

bojangle
05-03-12, 11:49 PM
way cool thank you