: 2014 Cadillac ATS-V Rendition by Car and Driver

Lord Cadillac
03-29-12, 12:53 PM
http://www.caranddriver.com/features/2014-cadillac-ats-v-future-cars
http://media.caranddriver.com/images/media/51/2014-cadillac-ats-v-header-photo-448188-s-original.jpg

Kluch
03-30-12, 11:56 PM
I wish I liked this car more. Hope it grows on me because I like the idea of the ATS-V and was hoping it would be my next car. Maybe with black wheels, yellow calipers, and different paint. Would love to see what they plan to do with the exhaust. Hoping it looks like the ZL1. Needs to be a quad. Always thought the CTS-V sedan exhaust was too sedate. Still hoping for a V8 option. Also hope a coupe is right on the heels of the sedan. Not sure I want to go back to 4 doors ever again.

mikesul
03-31-12, 04:21 PM
Definitely will wait for the V coupe.

thebigjimsho
03-31-12, 06:50 PM
So you g00bs think CarandDriver designs these cars? It's a rendering, which is Latvian for take a wild _____'n guess...

JimmyH
03-31-12, 06:59 PM
I still believe Cadillac is going to do something different with the ATS-V. I don't think they are going to make it a scaled down CTS-V as all current renderings (mine included) would suggest.

I hope they keep it subtle. The world does not need a blinged-up baby V. I think the ZL1 is hideous, personally. But given the clientele, I can understand it.

Kluch
03-31-12, 11:41 PM
So you g00bs think CarandDriver designs these cars? It's a rendering, which is Latvian for take a wild _____'n guess...

Of course they don't, but there's only so much they can do with it in the end. I'll bet the front end is pretty close, but doubt they'll recycle the wheels.

rand49er
03-31-12, 11:47 PM
Subtle? Agreed.

But, it simply has to look better than that C&D rendition. It should be a blend of aggressive and classy and in no way boyracer.

Its an ATS
10-24-12, 02:40 PM
Why would they make the front look like a CTS-V? I just don't get it. Cadillac, IMO, will keep the ATS specific lines and just give them a little more definition/a few steroid injections...

JimmyH
10-25-12, 02:45 PM
Why would they make the front look like a CTS-V?

Because it's much easier to photoshop the front of a CTS-V onto the ATS than draw a unique one.

Its an ATS
10-25-12, 09:43 PM
Because it's much easier to photoshop the front of a CTS-V onto the ATS than draw a unique one.

LOL, Point taken... :)

JimmyH
10-26-12, 02:22 PM
i know, I did the same thing when I photoshopped my version of the ATS-V :D

rustybear3
10-27-12, 09:46 PM
These renditions are kinda a waste of time....usually far off the mark.....but I guess it's fun to guess :suspect: