: Inner splash shields

lostnsand
03-28-12, 03:02 AM
Does anyone know where to get the inner splash shields left right and lower ground valance? I don't think the v is the same as the standard cts because it has a lower air dram. Any help is appreciated!

thebigjimsho
03-28-12, 06:41 AM
If you want new, check with Luke at Lindsay Cadillac. He can find anything with a part number. If used, I'd start looking online at junkyards...

lostnsand
03-28-12, 11:15 AM
Thanks. As far as being different from a regular CTS though?

thebigjimsho
03-28-12, 12:12 PM
I couldn't say...

lostnsand
03-28-12, 04:13 PM
Thank you. I'll keep looking.

Andringa
03-28-12, 05:31 PM
I believe that the inner wheel linings are different. I don't know for sure, but it seems that I remember reading that the CTS guys need to get the CTS-V version when they install a CTS-V bumper on the normal CTS. I don't know if the air ducting is the only difference, or if it attaches differently to the bumper cover.

lostnsand
03-28-12, 06:03 PM
Thanks im going to attempt to track down this Luke individual.

howanicm
03-28-12, 08:37 PM
i went to my stealership and they wanted $75 each. If you find them cheaper let me know.

thebigjimsho
03-28-12, 11:55 PM
Luke will almost definitely be cheaper...

lostnsand
03-29-12, 12:38 AM
Everett Cadillac. Pretty good deals online.

CancerJCC
03-29-12, 02:00 PM
PM rippypartsmaster with your VIN#. He will get you a good deal and you can do it all from the comfort of your PC.

lostnsand
03-29-12, 04:01 PM
I will do that thank you.

DDS rollin a CTS
03-29-12, 11:12 PM
I've had an 03 cts and now have an 07 v, I can confirm the inner fender liners are indeed different.

lostnsand
03-30-12, 02:56 PM
Thanks. It is true they are different. I have found a couple different websites that sell the parts as well as talking to rippy* So I am just price matching right now and see where the deal is going to be. As soon as I work out the quote I will get it posted up on here. Of parts I am getting and hopefully the parts number and MSRP and net price.

CancerJCC
03-30-12, 03:18 PM
Thanks. It is true they are different. I have found a couple different websites that sell the parts as well as talking to rippy* So I am just price matching right now and see where the deal is going to be. As soon as a work out the bid I will get it posted up on here.

Your best deal will be used from pick-a-part. However I prefer to use Rippy as he is available online and via email/PM. I've also used him to grab a part number here and there with no money being exchanged. He has always obliged with no questions asked and for that reason is my OEM parts guy! Remember sometimes paying a few bucks more isn't always a bad thing!

(Sorry if that turned into a rant) :)

rand49er
03-30-12, 04:06 PM
PM rippypartsmaster with your VIN#. He will get you a good deal and you can do it all from the comfort of your PC.I've spent a lot money with Luke from the comfort of my cell phone. :rolleyes:

lostnsand
03-30-12, 04:23 PM
I agree but Im not sure how lucky I would be at finding a CTS-V in a pick and pull near Omaha, NE. That was my initial reason for posting, to see if they were different from base line CTS's (which they are). I agree with you on Rippy* he has helped me out quite a bit already in the same aspect.

thebigjimsho
03-30-12, 05:46 PM
I've spent a lot money with Luke from the comfort of my cell phone. :rolleyes:

Indeed. Luke is my guy but Rippy has shown his worth as well...

lostnsand
03-31-12, 05:01 AM
Well Im looking at Everett Cadillac.. When/if I finalize it will be on the thread shortly. Thanks for everyone's assistance on this!!!

SevillianSTS
04-01-12, 12:27 AM
Are these splash shields weak or something ? Was under mine "reason in a different thread" and I noticed most of the splash shield behind the passenger wheel is busted / gone. I assumed somebody before me did a halfass job putting it back on or something. Now I see that you guys are needing replacements too ??

lostnsand
04-02-12, 11:01 PM
As far as I know they are sturdy. I bought my car on the cheap because it was wrecked in the front. I cannot account for everyone else but for me Im just trying to patch up a botched @ss chop shop fix. This car deserves better and Im going to give it to her.

dangrus
04-03-12, 08:29 PM
If you want to check some salvage yards, you can use this site: http://www.copartfinder.com/finder/searchMake.do# . It looks like PA and TX are the only ones right now.

Does your V happen to be red and from KC?

lostnsand
04-04-12, 07:50 PM
Picked it up from northern Iowa, do tell, does this little bird have a story?

dangrus
04-04-12, 09:30 PM
I test drove a red V in KC in April 2010 that had been rebuilt with a salvage title. The guy had bought it from an insurance company and rebuilt it "through the best auto body shop around." The inner fender liners were missing, the K&N filter was exposed with no cover, but the air sensor was hanging just millimeters from the pulleys since nothing was supporting it. The strut bar across the top of the engine was bent and there were a few other covers and such missing including the lower grill if I remember right. The check engine light was on, the code was O2 sensor so he bought one for it but was too busy to have it installed by his father-in-law that was a mechanic. I believe the front bumber cover and everything associated with it was replaced as well as the k member.

Not really anything memorable or helpful unless that is the car, then you may know a little of the history. I do remember he had bought it for his wife but had to sell it 6 months later because she was pregnant and didn't want to put 2 kids in the back.... It had dealer plates on it from is father-in-laws shop still... There was just too much drama in there to give him the $14k that he wanted, I just knew there was some baggage there. It did drive pretty good, but the shifter was sloppy as hell.

lostnsand
04-07-12, 09:43 PM
No engine cover as well? That is this monster to a "T". Looks like he sold it to this guy in Iowa, (Who after a little searching I found was/is on this forum ) the KN filter had pulled some of the oil that comes on the filter through it and onto the MAF and trashed it which started throwing the lean codes. I replaced that and the KN with a Volant set up. The clutch sensor was out on it as well. Both tie rod ends were shot. One rim was patched with a glob of JB weld (Replaced it). He had a MSD starter put in, replaced the driveshaft, 2 new rear tires, and it had magnaflow exhaust, W4M computer is in it now as well.. Snagged it for 12. :stirpot: She turning into one bad B word.

dangrus
04-10-12, 09:48 PM
I believe he wanted 14, so that wouldn't be too far off (I offered 10.) I remember I had a welt on my head where the trunk lid stayed up for about 10 seconds before surprising me. He didn't have the engine cover, I do remember he had a jug of Mobil1 in the back, at least he used good oil. I think his name was John, not sure if that does anything for you at all. I am sure I could dig up his contact information if you wanted it.

That's interesting.... It's a small world.

lostnsand
04-14-12, 04:49 PM
Sure is! Yes if you could find some contact info I would appreciate it , I would like to see if I can track down the accident report.