Cadillac Owners Forum banner

D3 Cadillac to invade MFest 2012

5K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  Dr. Design 
#1 ·
As the title mentions, we are looking for some more action on the west coast. As MFest is typically referred to as the pinnacle of Bimmer shows, we couldn't think of a better location to showcase what we can do to Cadillac vehicles then to invade what would be considered enemy territory :devil:. Since we will already be in the area for round #3 of the Cadillac Challenge, we thought we would make the most of our trip to Vegas. This should be VERY interesting as some of the BMW brands best tuners will be on track showcasing their products to their BMW fanbase.

Anyone interested in coming out with us? We have a couple of special guests we are bringing with us too.... =)

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

See less See more
#4 ·
When I had my M3 I attended Mfest for the last three years. It is a epic event. I know most of the guys including the event organizer, MFest Chris. When he saw my V he called me
a traitor jokingly. How I would love to go to this event but I'm leaving for Barbados Sat. evening of the event. I might be looking at postponing one day just to make it out.

Hutch

#11 ·
Hey gang im in. Home court for me here in Vegas. Oh James ill just plan on throwing you under the bus for this one when i let the wife know that you damm D3 guys said you wouldnt help me get the V track ready unless i showed up. LOL......sounds realistic. Oh well its been 10-12hr days this week. Have to make that play money. See ya there guys.

----------

Hope some of you Texas guys come up. Ive seen some pretty sick V's on my travels thru the Lone Star State. Safety in numbers right.....:alchi:

#19 ·
Now that is commitment!!!! :cool:

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

----------

Well if you want to get tangled in with over 1000 BMW's you can certainly do so. I dont think our caravan is going to get caught up in that mess. We are just going to meet at the track. All the registration information for MFest Show is on their website. Give us a call and we will make sure you have our information when we are rolling up to Vegas.

Keep in mind we will be drag racing on Friday night. We have a new combination we have been waiting to try out on a good track, so this WILL BE INTERESTING!

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Im definitely in on this.. Do we just show up at the Gold Strike Hotel by 10AM or do you need more information from us? Dont want to miss out so please let us know what we need to do!!
----------

LOL - Das Hindenburg :hide:

All joking aside, this is going to be a great event that we are excited to have an opportunity to represent the Cadillac Tuning segment. It seems they already have a lot of respect for the Cadillac CTS-V's, but haven't had a chance to see them in heat. So this will be great for them to see it first hand.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Ha haa! That ought to bust the German hot air balloon.

Jud :lildevil:

#24 ·
Whats up Dr D and friends. Yep Cadillac is here....ran into nate this morning at Palace Station while doing some work. Im in and will call you tomorrow am. This is going to be a blast. Ive been getting more and more positive comments form local M owners about us being there. We'll see how that goes.:highfive:

#27 ·
Mfest was great and it was nice to meet Tim and the crew from D3.. It was a site to behold watching Legionnaire shoot 3 foot flames out the back ripping up the track,, bad-ass!! All the CTS-Vs got a great reception from the BMW crowd,, especially with corporate Cadillac there to help represent. They brought 2 simulators (60K each) and were giving away Cadillac Racing t-shirts. Good times.
Thanks for the hospitality D3! Hopefully we can do it again next year..

Abe

#30 ·
Hello All,
Sorry for the delay in getting images up. It’s been pretty hectic since we got back in town.
2012 MFest was the hottest event in Vegas, literally. At 130+ degrees on the track surface, we were in for some slippery fun out on the track. As we snuck into Vegas Friday night we all stayed low key until Saturday morning. We were going for the element of surprise. Once day broke we stationed the vehicles behind the low key rig brought out by Cadillac…. Okay well it wasn’t exactly low key.

Luckily we had an 8AM track call time for the first session. So we were able to take advantage of some of the “cooler” temps on the track. The road course at LVMS is a great track with lots of nice rhythm sections to keep you on your toes. We had (6) cars that were invited for the 3rd Round of the Cadillac Challenge. Two cars from each class, C1/C2/C3. All of the Cadillac’s on track were pretty quick. The smaller cars seemed to have an advantage in the braking areas and turns. But the Cadillac’s held their own and typically would pull on the straights. Our Legionnaire entry was sporting some fresh Toyo R888’s and had pretty good traction throughout the day. Even with the increasing temperatures, our BMF intercooler and Aluminum Radiator did their job to keep the power plant running cool.

Cadillac had an impressive spread on the paddock with a trio of Black Diamond CTS-V’s and those incredibly awesome simulators. We would like to say thank you to Cadillac for coming out to support the Cadillac Challenge and the enthusiasts invading MFest. The overall reception from BMW owners was pretty good. They were all really nice and easy to get along with. With the presence on the racetrack and in the vendor midway, we certainly helped change the perception of people thought Cadillacs were and are capable of. We were very proud to help waive the Cadillac banner in a competitive environment, such as MFest.

So without further ado, here are some of the images from our time at MFest:

Enjoy the pics and the video.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.