: Traction Controll/ ABS Code Question

outlaw1369
11-19-04, 12:43 PM
1996 Deville had TC0033 and TC0063 codes in history. Both the Traction Controll and ABS lights were displaying on the dash. The codes give a indication that the RR wheel speed sensor is faulty. Checked wires everything fine no corosion. Reset codes then drove car for 1 day. Lights still on checked codes and there is none. Now what? Trying to determine why these lights are still on.

2001DTS
11-19-04, 02:57 PM
If you have access to a digital multi meter you should check the output voltage of the sensor. VSS's are a magnetic pulse generating sensor and you would select AC voltage to view the output. I dont know OEM specs for output voltage so you would have to find that out but you will most likey have to replace the wheel speed sensor. Make sure that the air gap (if adjustable) is set correctly by using a brass feeler gauge. ALso, what scan tool scan your car with? With OBD II the lights are on because either the same exact fault has occured or there is a problem with wiring for the driver information center lights. Let me know.

outlaw1369
11-19-04, 03:33 PM
Sorry this post prob should have been in the suspension,brakes,and tires section. I do have access to a Snap-On scanner but got these codes and reset them through OBD-2. I have a multimeter I will pull the opposite side and compare readings this weekend. I know the sensor in not servicable and I will need to replace the hub if it is faulty.