: egged

bigman30685
11-19-04, 01:30 PM
My car and my girlfriends car got egged two days ago. My car washed off fine but my gf's egg won't come off. any ideas??

T_Dogg8
11-19-04, 04:08 PM
wow. that sucks. i hate when people can't leave your stuff alone. it's like their jealous you have something nice. the same thing happened to my brother-in-law. it washed off of one of his cars, but the other one, it never came off. it happened to be his beater truck, so he didn't care. i would image there is some aggresove cleaner that will work. will probably take the wax off too, so you'll probably need to wax the car after your done. if no one else responds, i'd go to the auto store and look in the cleaning supply section and look for the most aggresive stuff they got and try it. good luck.

Slapshot
11-19-04, 04:39 PM
Try this. Don't know if it will work, but it's worth a shot eh?

http://aswas.tipking.com/com/letters/v1/letter_67.shtml

ALLeyez187onME
11-21-04, 02:45 AM
speaking of this, kids around here are so gay, when they throw eggs they throw them full strength, i have 2 circular scratch marks that reach deep into the primer of my paint on top of my hood, and now one on the side near the gas tank, if i can i'll get some pics of these sick scratches. it'll cost me 400 to repaint the whole hood to match and another 200 to pain the driver rear side panel. Cant wait till i catch these kids, ill chase them down and run em off the road.

kook
11-21-04, 10:53 AM
I know the feeling. Took my girl out to dinner last night and when I got back to the car the driver's window was smashed in. Apparently they also tried to use a coat hanger or something on the passanger side too. Whats kind of weird is that nothing was taken from the car. I'm pretty thankful for that considering all of my girlfriends stuff was in the car (I had just taken her back from school). I'm pissed that the window got broken and there is a pretty good scratch on the car, but I'm very happy that the damage was limited to that.

Sycosis
11-22-04, 09:33 PM
Egg left on the paint for any time will eat the paint away. The proteins in the egg are what do it. Eats it right down to the primer. You'll need to get it repainted

WhiteDiamond
11-23-04, 01:49 PM
My truck was egged a few times when I first got it but I caught it the next morning when leaving for work. Thought it was one of my neighbors who was jealous but it turned out to be some teenagers who thought it was funny. They started doing it to other neighbors and someone called the cops. Needless to say it stopped. Had I caught them they would have had more to deal with than the cops.