: Replacing Front Struts

Punmax
03-26-12, 05:41 AM
My second pair of auto-ride struts are shot. Can I replace these with normal gas struts? I don't want to spend over a grand again and wait for them to fail after 6 months. Any input will be greatly appreciated!

hcvone
03-26-12, 07:39 AM
My second pair of auto-ride struts are shot. Can I replace these with normal gas struts? I don't want to spend over a grand again and wait for them to fail after 6 months. Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Have not seen struts on an Escalade, Arnott has a bilstein replacement shock setup to replace the stock auto shock setup. Your second set of shock should have a 1 year warranty if they were new. Here is a link
http://www.arnottindustries.com/part_CADILLAC_Air_Suspension_Parts_yid6_pid150.htm l

pmexpert
03-26-12, 12:07 PM
Arnott is a good replacement. Has changed all struts and compressor as well. So really happy about it.

Punmax
03-28-12, 07:13 AM
Have not seen struts on an Escalade, Arnott has a bilstein replacement shock setup to replace the stock auto shock setup. Your second set of shock should have a 1 year warranty if they were new. Here is a link
http://www.arnottindustries.com/part_CADILLAC_Air_Suspension_Parts_yid6_pid150.htm l

Those look good! Thanks for the link. Also, if I want to lower the truck an inch in the front, and two in the rear, do I just need coils?

hcvone
03-28-12, 08:14 AM
Those look good! Thanks for the link. Also, if I want to lower the truck an inch in the front, and two in the rear, do I just need coils?

Yep, we just did one with Belltech 5305 springs and their spacers on each end, got 2" drop in rear only

johnpg
03-30-12, 10:03 AM
Im getting struts installed, but the mechanic said my New struts do not have the sensor built into them thats probably for the Auto Ride and I would get a light on my dash. My question is, is there a way to bypass that sensor and is that ok? Or is there some kind of part/sensor that I can buy to attach to my new struts to work withe system so I get no dash lights?