: Interesting info from Bondurant School

afaster68
03-26-12, 03:00 AM
Took a shifter kart class in Phoenix at Bondurant's school. they use to use the V as their instructor cars, toting 3 students around the track at INSANE speeds (my instructor was using a new CTS manual, and killin it!). Anyway, I talked to the mechanics there about the maintenance and upgrades they did to the V to make them reliable and track worthy. Turns out all they did was some toe/camber adjustments and Eibach springs and sways. They seemed to be impressed with the car and how it held up under the SEVERE abuse. They were surprised when I brought up the diff issues that seem to be our achilles heel, because they didn't see that at all. It may be that the driving wasn't about hard launches.
On a side note, shifter karts are an insane amount of fun. It's a violent, edge of control ride if you push it:thumbsup:

thebigjimsho
03-26-12, 01:53 PM
The diffs go due to wheelhop. I did a ton of track days and autocrosses on my 2nd diff without issue. My first grenaded on its second run on the drag strip...

mberisha
03-27-12, 06:00 PM
yes...more turns...less drags....

Pho_phizzat
03-27-12, 06:36 PM
Sounds like a good time.

rand49er
03-28-12, 09:58 AM
Those Bondurant Vs were on eBay a few months back. Seems to me they were in the $7k neighborhood with about the same number of miles.

afaster68
03-28-12, 01:43 PM
The karts were a blast........thinking about buyin one.........or Corse wheels for the V.