: Turtle Wax Black Box

Scooter
03-25-12, 09:00 PM
Hey guys, I did the whole treatment of Turtle Wax Black Box today, wow did that take forever. Yes, I know that a black car really doesn't require special waxes or cleaners, but I wanted to try something other than the stuff that leaves white residue everywhere. Last year I used Meguiars ultimate compound and High Tech wax and I was happy with it. I do recommend you use gloves with the Turtel wax, also, I guess I applied too much wax, because it took forever to take it all off, even with a buffer. I applied the wax with the buffer because I was getting tired, but the amount of time it took to wipe it all off made me even more exhausted. Overall, I was happy with the job it did, swirl marks and minor blemishes went away and it looks great now. I think in the fall I'll just do the wax part. And I'm never buying a black car again, especially in the Canadian climate.

thefulmonty_07
03-25-12, 10:02 PM
Yea used that stuff a few weeks ago with my buffer...turned out pretty good for the first time using it.

PISNUOFF
03-26-12, 05:03 PM
I have to use it on my front fascia from all the high speed sandblasting. It is nowhere near as shiney as the Zaino I use on the rest of the car, though. It is visibly less reflective, even in photos.

lollygagger8
03-27-12, 09:17 AM
Zaino beats all.

V for victory
03-27-12, 09:55 AM
IMHO, I only use Ardex Nano Sealer and Wizards Shine Masters polish and sealer on my cars. No swirls and the finish looks like it just came off the showroom floor !!! I use a micro cloth and apply and remove all in one step. Done. :worship: Wizards

thefulmonty_07
03-27-12, 01:43 PM
Hey with Zaino...what stuff do you guys usually use from them? I mean just some wash and polish? or did you guys buy that big bundle that was 84$...I want to try it out but I don't know whats the best to buy from them, I really just don't want to buy a bunch of stuff from them that I'm not going to use.

thebigjimsho
03-27-12, 03:06 PM
Make sure you get the Z6, Z8, Z13, Z00 and the Z7-11. Top it off with the Z-WTF...

Pho_phizzat
03-27-12, 06:40 PM
I used to use it on my old car that was black. I liked it.

thefulmonty_07
03-27-12, 08:53 PM
Alright sounds good thanks for the info!

lollygagger8
03-28-12, 09:39 AM
Hey with Zaino...what stuff do you guys usually use from them? I mean just some wash and polish? or did you guys buy that big bundle that was 84$...I want to try it out but I don't know whats the best to buy from them, I really just don't want to buy a bunch of stuff from them that I'm not going to use.

You wouldn't think their car wash would make a difference, but it totally does.

Z-7 car wash, Z-18 Clay Bar, Z-2 Polish, and Z-6 clear spray (pop!) are the bare essentials. I think they have a kit with that stuff in it. I didn't buy enough on my first time I tried it and wish I had because the stuff is the shit.

thebigjimsho
03-28-12, 12:17 PM
Honestly, they need to drop the lame-ass numbers that make no sense...

OneFast V
03-29-12, 12:17 PM
I've read this stuff isn't good for the paint/clear coat. Essentially you are trying to dye or add pigment to a clear coat if I'm not mistaken.

Faber
03-29-12, 01:07 PM
I've read this stuff isn't good for the paint/clear coat. Essentially you are trying to dye or add pigment to a clear coat if I'm not mistaken.
are you referencing the Zaino or the Turtle Wax? any sources to refer to?

OneFast V
03-29-12, 02:01 PM
are you referencing the Zaino or the Turtle Wax? any sources to refer to?

Turtle wax black box, not zaino. i'll have to dig up the stuff i read

http://www.best-auto-detailing-tips.com/color-car-wax.html
is one that i saw.

lollygagger8
03-29-12, 04:03 PM
Honestly, they need to drop the lame-ass numbers that make no sense...

I was anxiously wanting to see Z-28, but no dice

thebigjimsho
03-29-12, 06:38 PM
That's on their luxury line...

PISNUOFF
03-29-12, 08:56 PM
Dawn dish washing liquid, Z-7, Z-5 (2 coats with Z-6 after each), Z-2 (1 coat with Z-6 after), let cure for 24 hours, Z-2 (3 coats with Z-6 after each).

Clay bar after Dawn if you want. This lasts about 9 months for me and looks shiney even when dirty. I use it on all the plastic and glass also. The results are ridiculous.

thebigjimsho
03-29-12, 09:54 PM
So is the name...

thefulmonty_07
03-30-12, 01:56 AM
You wouldn't think their car wash would make a difference, but it totally does.

Z-7 car wash, Z-18 Clay Bar, Z-2 Polish, and Z-6 clear spray (pop!) are the bare essentials. I think they have a kit with that stuff in it. I didn't buy enough on my first time I tried it and wish I had because the stuff is the shit.

Alright before I buy this stuff what did you spray on the car when using the clay bar?

lollygagger8
03-30-12, 10:10 AM
Alright before I buy this stuff what did you spray on the car when using the clay bar?

I use their car wash soap and use the soapy water. You have to make sure that the surface is slick. If you just use water, the clay bar will get sticky and make a mess.
http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SGCWC&Store_Code=Z

Clay bar makes ALL the difference

thebigjimsho
03-30-12, 11:35 AM
Clay bar, indeed, FTW!

thefulmonty_07
03-30-12, 03:46 PM
Alright thanks for the info...i'll order some of their products today.

CadzillaTN
03-31-12, 01:49 AM
Dawn dish washing liquid, Z-7, Z-5 (2 coats with Z-6 after each), Z-2 (1 coat with Z-6 after), let cure for 24 hours, Z-2 (3 coats with Z-6 after each).

Clay bar after Dawn if you want. This lasts about 9 months for me and looks shiney even when dirty. I use it on all the plastic and glass also. The results are ridiculous.

Is this after you've corrected bad paint or is there I cleaning element to one of those Zs?

Do they offer a fubar kit? That's what I need.

thebigjimsho
03-31-12, 06:43 PM
Do they offer a fubar kit? That's what I need.
That had me rollin' right thurr...

bpmessenger
04-01-12, 11:54 PM
I did the black box as well this past year (and a few steps prior). Washed the car with Dawn, clayed and went over the finish with swirl remover before applying the kit. I totally agree that it was a pain in the A$$ and took forever, though the results, imo were pretty spectacular, super glassy and wet looking - for a car that has never been garaged since 2003 (though treated like my first born child with roughly yearly waxings) it came out pretty great. I think the black tinted detailer spray is a nice touch in between since it fills in those swirls from daily grime ...... though, i've been extremelyyy curious about the zanio products and whether its worth the super high price that it fetches.

is z-6 any different than the off the shelf detailers (hopefully from personal experience, not marketing hype) and what would everyone suggest as a basic car care kit to keep the truck looking as glossy and wet as possible (for as long as possible)...like everyone im looking for minimal work for max returns...

PISNUOFF
04-03-12, 08:40 AM
Clay bar makes ALL the difference

Maybe you guys with old cars have bad paint. Lmao

thebigjimsho
04-03-12, 02:45 PM
Clay bar would be essential for a new car just off the truck. A car that moves at all should be clay barred with every detail...