: heater problems,

1984DeGill
11-19-04, 06:04 AM
sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I got an 84 sedan deville w/ the 4.1 in her tha I just bought today, and I got off work and went out to clear the windows, cause it is 20 degrees, and my heater, after like 20 min was still blowing ice cold air. my electronic climate control was set at 90 and the blower was blowing strong. what might be wrong, and what should I look for, thanks yall
Paul

1984DeGill
11-25-04, 06:46 PM
ok, really need help, I changed mt thermostat, and took out the thermostat that is inline with the heater core hose trying to get hot water to flow all the time, and it didnt help at all, any ideas?
Paul

carguy16
11-25-04, 09:41 PM
I dont know about you, but I drove my car a mile in about 55 degree weather, and it finally started to blow heat out.

Dont know if its the same for yours.

FASSTWOOD
11-26-04, 12:49 AM
Start the car and let it run for a minute remove the radiator cap and check to see if antifreeze is is pouring back into the radiator through that 5/8's or 3/4 inch hose that come from the fire wall to the radiator next to where the radiator cap. If it isn't or if its a real slow flow then you have a clogged heater core.. Its not very hard to replace on that car...

1984DeGill
11-27-04, 02:48 AM
well, it is real slow, kinda a dribble, so I will have to do that, thanks for the help. could it be the computer, I dont think it would be cause the fact that I took out the inline sensor, but let me know what you think, and I just got done with a 3 hour drive in 30 degree weather and it didnt blow warm at all
thanks again
Paul