: Another New Allante Owner

dooscoop32
03-25-12, 06:07 PM
Hi guys,

I am not new to www.cadillacforums.com as I have been a member for several years since I have owned a 1993 Cadillac Sixty Special for over 10 years. Recently, I was on eBay and saw a 1991 Cadillac Allante which really intrigued me. I had always liked these cars but this particular car really got my attention. It was a 2-owner car with 17K original miles with 100% original paint, interior, glass, and everything else. The only items ever changed were the oil pan gasket and the muffler due to the guts in it rattling. The wheels and tires were replaced by the 2nd owner shortly after he bought it. It was White Diamond with dark red leather and those are my favorite colors so I just had to have it. The car is just mint, mint, mint.
I got full documentation regarding the miles. The owner I bought it from purchased the car 10 1/2 years ago with 12,830 miles on it. During his ownership over the last 10 1/2 years, he put a mere 5100 miles on it.
Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know I am glad to be part of the Allante ownership group. This is a fantastic car and I am proud to own it.

MoistCabbage
03-27-12, 11:10 AM
:welcome: Gorgeous Allante, congratulations. Those look like last gen Deville rims, not bad looking on that car.

Love the Sixty Special too. Is it an ultra? You'll
Have Ro post some pics of it in the FWD Deville/Fleetwood section of the forums.

dooscoop32
03-31-12, 11:19 PM
Thank you. I really thought those were aftermarket wheels but after reading your comment, I happened to see a Deville with wheels that did look very similar so that may be what they are. What years of Devilles are you talking about?
Thanks about the '93 Sixty Special. It has been a really good car for the years I have owned it. However, it is not an Ultra. It does have the very rare factory Astro Roof and the super rare N98 factory chrome aluminum wheels. That was high tech in 1993. That car listed for $42,441 when new!

MoistCabbage
04-03-12, 02:38 PM
The wheels I'm thinking those are would be from a '00-'05 Deville. You say the previous owner purchased it 10 1/2 years ago, and replaced them shortly after. That would be just the right time for those rims to be around ('02/'03).