: Cadillac Escalade Platinum

callihan
03-25-12, 04:18 PM
I just traded in my 2008 range rover Sport for a platinum escalade. see below pics. Does anyone know if I can drive and watch DVD's at the same time? Love the sound and look of the new Exhaust and the interior is very comfortable. I told my wife since I was buying the platinum I would not do any mods. But I think I like the clear taillights. I don't know why they did not put them on the platinumís. makes no sense. I added wiring for the passport 9500i. nothing else has been done yet!

nathanjax
03-25-12, 04:25 PM
Looks good. Love the grill and rear bumper on them.

As far as the DVD, you can unlock the nav while driving and watch dvds by using a lockpick

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/232172-we-now-sell-gen-6-escalade.html

You can also use a product called NavTv or another product called a GMX550

Kdizel
03-25-12, 04:56 PM
Soo...how do u like your escalade compared to the rover??

Nice Ride
03-25-12, 07:56 PM
I just traded in my 2008 range rover Sport for a platinum escalade. see below pics. Does anyone know if I can drive and watch DVD's at the same time? Love the sound and look of the new Exhaust and the interior is very comfortable. I told my wife since I was buying the platinum I would not do any mods. But I think I like the clear taillights. I don't know why they did not put them on the platinum’s. makes no sense. I added wiring for the passport 9500i. nothing else has been done yet!

Any chance you can post some pictures of the dual exhaust from underneath ??? Lots of subscribers want info on upgrading the exhaust and bumper just like yours.... Truck looks Great! Congrats!!! :)

----------

I just traded in my 2008 range rover Sport for a platinum escalade. see below pics. Does anyone know if I can drive and watch DVD's at the same time? Love the sound and look of the new Exhaust and the interior is very comfortable. I told my wife since I was buying the platinum I would not do any mods. But I think I like the clear taillights. I don't know why they did not put them on the platinum’s. makes no sense. I added wiring for the passport 9500i. nothing else has been done yet!

Ps Does your truck have a spare?

BEarle
03-25-12, 08:25 PM
That's my favorite color on the escalade besides the white diamond

surburban99
03-25-12, 09:31 PM
What do you like about the Range Rover Sport compared to your new Escalade? I am thinking about going from my Escalade to a Range Rover Sport.

hcvone
03-26-12, 08:48 AM
Want to hear something really strange, just saw 5 brand new Escalade platinum's on a car carrier, three had the new exhaust, and two had the standard exhaust. I see no way a spare can fit with the new exhaust on a standard length model, I do not have esv's so I do not know if they would fit, but I would guess a good shop could make it fit around the spare, if you add some exhaust protection to the spare area

nathanjax
03-26-12, 09:13 AM
I don't know the specifics, but this rear bumper can be installed with a spare tire...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/nathanjax/2007%20Yukon/Misc/ss.jpg

This rear bumper was put on to a tahoe. the spare key was moved over into the hitch cover.

http://tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35503

hcvone
03-26-12, 10:17 AM
I don't know the specifics, but this rear bumper can be installed with a spare tire...

This rear bumper was put on to a tahoe. the spare key was moved over into the hitch cover.

I would say at some point that the spare will start smoking and melt without any guards, that is why that put one on stock, the pipes get hot back there too.

nathanjax
03-26-12, 10:49 AM
I would say at some point that the spare will start smoking and melt without any guards, that is why that put one on stock, the pipes get hot back there too.

Yeah, that seems to be the thinking over on that forum as well. Wondering if a heat shield or something can be used.

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-26-12, 11:17 AM
callihan, the new Escalade looks amazing! Congratulations!

surburban99, I'm very sorry to hear you're thinking about trading in your Escalade. Please feel free to send me a private message anytime if you'd like me to investigate concerns on your behalf.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

pmexpert
03-26-12, 11:24 AM
callihan, the new Escalade looks amazing! Congratulations!

surburban99, I'm very sorry to hear you're thinking about trading in your Escalade. Please feel free to send me a private message anytime if you'd like me to investigate concerns on your behalf.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Katie

Hey Katie,
Will u help me with Navi issue. Unfortunately cannot pm u. But still don't know why...
Alex

callihan
03-26-12, 12:56 PM
Mine does not look like that see below. No full spare I actually donít know where the spare is.

I like the escalade much better than my range rover itís a lot more comfortable. the only thing that is taking me a while to get use to is the size of the escalade but the size is a big reason i got the escalade for the 3rd row seating. Also, donít like that it only goes 106 mph my rover was 125 mph. not like I need to be going that fast but I am sure there is a way to fix that. We have a ranch and i dont think i will be taking it in the mud put pulling the horses was no problem. I still have a 1982 defender 90 series III for the mud!

Has anyone put the direct TV satellite on the top of their car? I am sure I just need to search the forum for it. Thanks for the help and comments. Its good to find a good forum. any other questions are pictures you need just let me know.

callihan
03-26-12, 01:02 PM
[/COLOR]
That's my favorite color on the escalade besides the white diamond

i was going to get white diamond but it seems like everyone on the road is white or black. atleast mocha steel has only been around for a year or 2.

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-26-12, 03:25 PM
Hey Katie,
Will u help me with Navi issue. Unfortunately cannot pm u. But still don't know why...
Alex
I'd be happy to help where I can, Alex! Since you must not have hit that magical number of posts yet that enables private messages, feel free to email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Katie

hcvone
03-26-12, 07:02 PM
Mine does not look like that see below. No full spare I actually don’t know where the spare is.

I like the escalade much better than my range rover it’s a lot more comfortable. the only thing that is taking me a while to get use to is the size of the escalade but the size is a big reason i got the escalade for the 3rd row seating. Also, don’t like that it only goes 106 mph my rover was 125 mph. not like I need to be going that fast but I am sure there is a way to fix that. We have a ranch and i dont think i will be taking it in the mud put pulling the horses was no problem. I still have a 1982 defender 90 series III for the mud!

Has anyone put the direct TV satellite on the top of their car? I am sure I just need to search the forum for it. Thanks for the help and comments. Its good to find a good forum. any other questions are pictures you need just let me know.

You have no spare because your muffler is where the spare goes. Your truck is electronically limited to 106, you need a programmer or someone with LS 1 Edit to change that, many of us have.

hannity
03-26-12, 07:47 PM

:) :) :) :) :)

callihan
03-27-12, 03:23 PM
What do you like about the Range Rover Sport compared to your new Escalade? I am thinking about going from my Escalade to a Range Rover Sport.

i don't think you are comparing apples to apples. The escalade is more luxury and comfortable. Where a Range Rover sport is sportier and anly seats 4 comfortably. Also i had a 2008 so the newer rovers probably have the same features that my escalade has. Off road i would take a rover any day. Both fun cars to drive i looked at trading in my rover for a full size but i heard the full size has a lot of problems, my sport had no problems but only had 41,000 miles on it. i was not to impressed with the full size and personally think the sport looks better.

hannity
03-27-12, 10:25 PM
I picked up an 2011 Super Charged Range Rover Land Rover last month. I was finally able to get out of my escalade and bid farewell to all the problems it was causing me. RR luxury is 2nd to none, it makes my old platinum escalade stand out for what it really is. An over priced poorly built pickup truck. It has 500 hp and I can't tell from the interior because it is absolutely the quietest ride I have ever owned. The wind shield is double laminated for a quiet ride. The indicator has a sharp beautiful sound unlike any I have ever heard. I know that sounds silly but if you test drive it or buy one you will see what I mean.The quality of materials are so good that I feel I do not deserve to drive it. I will break the 1000 mile mark in a day or so and can finally give it some gas and move the beast. If I were you I would aim for the RR over the Sport but it depends on the size and capability you need. I finally have power tilt and telescopic steering. Finally an intelligent key with push button start. The suspension raises the vehicle when I turn it on and lowers it when I shut it off. The ride is so very very quiet and effortless compared to the escalade. It feels like the truck is floating rather then rolling. If I were you I would go and test drive one. If you can rent one for a few days and do some research on it. Land Rover has been dead last in reliability for one reason or another. But after all the crap I went through with my 80k platinum I don't think anything else could be worse. I fell victim to gm by not researching the escalade as it being my first and last American car. Before I forget my favorite feature of my Range is the virtual dash. It is the cleanest and brightest of any car I have ever owned or driven. Also it has a sun set screen saver which my wife and I love. I could go on and on, lol.

callihan
03-27-12, 11:05 PM
I picked up an 2011 Super Charged Range Rover Land Rover last month. I was finally able to get out of my escalade and bid farewell to all the problems it was causing me. RR luxury is 2nd to none, it makes my old platinum escalade stand out for what it really is. An over priced poorly built pickup truck. It has 500 hp and I can't tell from the interior because it is absolutely the quietest ride I have ever owned. The wind shield is double laminated for a quiet ride. The indicator has a sharp beautiful sound unlike any I have ever heard. I know that sounds silly but if you test drive it or buy one you will see what I mean.The quality of materials are so good that I feel I do not deserve to drive it. I will break the 1000 mile mark in a day or so and can finally give it some gas and move the beast. If I were you I would aim for the RR over the Sport but it depends on the size and capability you need. I finally have power tilt and telescopic steering. Finally an intelligent key with push button start. The suspension raises the vehicle when I turn it on and lowers it when I shut it off. The ride is so very very quiet and effortless compared to the escalade. It feels like the truck is floating rather then rolling. If I were you I would go and test drive one. If you can rent one for a few days and do some research on it. Land Rover has been dead last in reliability for one reason or another. But after all the crap I went through with my 80k platinum I don't think anything else could be worse. I fell victim to gm by not researching the escalade as it being my first and last American car. Before I forget my favorite feature of my Range is the virtual dash. It is the cleanest and brightest of any car I have ever owned or driven. Also it has a sun set screen saver which my wife and I love. I could go on and on, lol.

I have to disagree with you I think the escalade rides smoother and much more comfortable. I had rr sport and test drove the full size and was not impressed. Wait until you have a problem with your air suspension.

kgb14
03-27-12, 11:25 PM

Glad you are happy with your choice. What a great country we live in that allows us to pursue happiness as we see fit and doesn't force everyone to purchase what the government wants for us.
What did you pay for the RR compared to the Escalade?

Punmax
03-28-12, 06:22 AM
Wow, that is one gorgeous Cadillac.

----------

Okay, so you sold your Escalade. Can you leave the forum now? Thanks.

p.s enjoy all of the dealership visits like my friend does with his new RR. :)

hcvone
03-28-12, 07:11 AM
I have to disagree with you I think the escalade rides smoother and much more comfortable. I had rr sport and test drove the full size and was not impressed. Wait until you have a problem with your air suspension.

I agree with the above poster. I have owned two Range Rover HSE and while they cost more than my Escalade's, and are in the shop WAY more than my Escalade's, they are the only two categories where the RR beats the Caddy. We are glad you like your RR, I am sure it's a matter of time before you are blowing up their forum. ;)

Purple87SS
03-28-12, 08:54 AM
Nice truck! I prefer the Escalade over the Range any day of the week. I've driven both back to back and the comfort of the Esky second to none.

BEarle
03-28-12, 09:32 AM
When I was getting rid of my G Class a couple of years ago I test drove the range rover sport supercharged. I really loved the quality of the RR and the materials and it did drive nice, but what turned me off was the seating position was awkward and I'm a big guy and I felt like I was in a clown car. Also I have many friends that have them and they had nothing but problems with there RRs. The escalade is perfect, it's comfortable, powerful and American.

hannity
03-30-12, 08:28 PM
What did you pay for the RR compared to the Escalade?

Monroney was 114 or 119, got it for just under 90. A redesign is coming for 2012 or 2013.

Thanks for wishing me good luck with my new ride :)

Wow, that is one gorgeous Cadillac.

----------

Okay, so you sold your Escalade. Can you leave the forum now? Thanks.

p.s enjoy all of the dealership visits like my friend does with his new RR. :)

Thanks for wishing me good luck with my new ride :)

BlownEscalade
03-31-12, 10:55 AM
I will agree the Range Rover is a quiet and powerful SUV towards the escalade. I just traded my 2010 Range Rover Sport Autobiography in for my 2011 Escalade. It has always been my dream car. But until I bought it I didn't know how useless it was for me. To replace the windshield cost $1,600, I wanted a roof rack and that is $1,800 and you have to cut some of your roof trim, and biggest piss off was no starter and nothing available. Where I live it gets to -30's so car starter is real nice. The Esc may not be as luxury as the RR but for the price you pay I can't complain.

nguyennhatquang
04-02-12, 12:05 AM
my friend trade the RR HSE Supercharger to escalade..
only 3 month after purchance, the car had Rear camera problem..
we called dealer to fix it..and talk with some mechanic all of them said..it is common problem and after warranty it will die again in few month..and it just the first..who know what will happen in the future.. i heard some of the Range Rover 4.2 has Problem with ECM and cost a lot also...
a horrible brand new car....
for the ride..i think the RR is sportier..but with 20k extra for the autobiography u can supercharge your escalade and upgrace suspension..it will do the same.
the only think the RR nicer than Escalade is Keyless go and LCD Dash...
i hope the new redesign escalade will cover all of them with CUE and bla bla.....because it is pretty funny when the cadillac SRX has all and the Escalade doesn't have.

jsherid1
04-02-12, 10:18 AM
We had a 2007 Range Rover HSE, what a disaster that was. Were the interior plastics and trim nicer than on our Escalade, yes but we (apparently) irrationally put too much emphasis on actually being able to use a vehicle for transportation vs. as a driveway ornament so it had to go. Our Escalade has been trouble free apart from two exterior door handles, to list the issues with the RR would cause me carpal tunnel syndrome to type.