: Expert opinion please

KHALID_89
03-25-12, 12:40 PM
Hi everyone, i am a 24 Year old senior year college student from Kuwait and considering buying a CTS-V Coupe.

i'll be able to buy it no sooner than May 2013 but i read somewhere that by that time it wouldn't be a good idea because Cadillac already planing on releasing the third generation of the CTS-V coupe as near as 2014, is this true ?? and if so is it worth waiting for it ??
will the next generation have a smaller engine ?? will it produce less power than the current LS9 engine ??

will the 3rd Gen model be overall better in terms of many important aspect ?? (Ex: looks/MPG/Interior/etc..)

any additional information i should be aware of ?? anything ??

Personal opinions are more than welcome here, Thank you all in advance.

baabootoo
03-25-12, 08:17 PM
I'd wait, then you can get a newer one, or an older one depending upon what they offer. Sooner or later they'll drop the engine size down. It will never even have as much as the LS9 either, it will stay under 600 for sure.

thebigjimsho
03-25-12, 10:28 PM
Well, I don't know if there will be a coupe in the next Gen CTS. So you may not be able to get what you want there. there will be a new ATS and ATS-V eventually. But you've got some time before committing. So wait and you'll find out soon enough...

V Wagon
03-26-12, 11:24 AM
I'm sure alot more info will become public by the time you are actually looking to buy. Sit tight, wait to see all the infomration available when you are ready and make a decision on what is known then rather than on current speculation. Internet speculation is usually at least 50% wrong.

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-26-12, 12:43 PM
Great feedback above! As the information is released to the public, I would be more than happy to help answer questions about our future models, KHALID_89. Please feel free to email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com and I'm glad to assist.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service