: IMS in transmission of 2007 escalade

AWallerJr
03-24-12, 10:42 AM
Has anyone had any problems with their IMS located in the transmisson? Code p1825 was stored so I took the truck to a local gm dealer and had the switch replaced for $450. Truck seems to shift smoother but I'm wondering is this a common problem with this model transmission. Its used in many high end gm models so it has to be somewhat reliable right... Lol

K9Caddy
03-24-12, 12:51 PM
Were you out of drivetrain warranty already?

AWallerJr
03-24-12, 03:47 PM
Maybe I'm wrong but the 07's were only equipped with the 5 year 100,000 miles right?? I only have 69000 miles on the truck but when I bought the truck used the guy told me the factory warranty was over. Carfax had the original purchase date 11/06

K9Caddy
03-24-12, 04:26 PM
I always thought it was 10 years / 100,000 miles. I'd call GM customer service and verify with your VIN. Because if it's in warranty, that dealer owes you money back.

hcvone
03-24-12, 07:22 PM
I always thought it was 10 years / 100,000 miles. I'd call GM customer service and verify with your VIN. Because if it's in warranty, that dealer owes you money back.

5 year 100k, your thinking of your Hyundai ;)
10-YEAR/100,000-MILE POWERTRAIN PROTECTION FROM HYUNDAI

AWallerJr
03-24-12, 08:01 PM
Trust me if I could get the dealer to cover it I would k9caddy. Lol... Gm probly would fight me anyway since its an electronic part of the transmission right?? Its hard to find a warranty outside of the bumper to bumper to cover one of gm's biggest problems, electronic components. With that said I still prefer Gm over everything else out there in the respectful price range

Playdrv4me
03-25-12, 03:36 AM
I don't know what the IMS is but our first '07 had a recurring check engine light that would come up after accelerating hard or pressing the tow haul button to drop down the shift at high speed. I seem to recall the code being P1825 but they never could figure it out and replaced almost the entire transmission so they just switched us to another truck.

AWallerJr
03-25-12, 07:16 AM
Until this past Thursday I had no clue what the internal mode switch (IMS) was either. Crazy thing is that its a $30 part yet it takes 3 to 4 hours to replace it.

K9Caddy
03-25-12, 07:44 AM
5 year 100k, your thinking of your Hyundai ;)
10-YEAR/100,000-MILE POWERTRAIN PROTECTION FROM HYUNDAI

Ohhhh crap!! I guess all that Hyuandai advertising has paid off, maybe I'll buy one!!

bstiffmanofsteel
03-25-12, 09:57 AM
Until this past Thursday I had no clue what the internal mode switch (IMS) was either. Crazy thing is that its a $30 part yet it takes 3 to 4 hours to replace it.
I had mine replaced on the last day of my warranty. Talk about luck!

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-26-12, 01:56 PM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to jump on this thread quickly to let you know that I'm always happy to research your vehicle's warranty parameters anytime. Simply send me you name and VIN via private message or email and I'm happy to investigate!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

laurie r jones
07-02-12, 10:25 PM
I just took my 2007 escalade to Martin Cadillac for transmission problems. I'm not sure what the code was, but my check engine light came on and the acceleration was sluggish. They quoted an estimate of $3500. After I protested they told me they'll charge me a third of that if I'll bring them evidence of all the services performed. I only have 44,400 miles on my truck. I'm calling GM or somebody because they said my warranty is up.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-03-12, 06:40 PM
Laurie, I'm very sorry to hear that. If you'd like me to follow-up with Martin on your behalf, send me an email anytime with the last eight of your VIN, full name, address, and phone number (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com). I'll be out of the office due to the July 4th holiday tomorrow, but back in on Thursday the 5th and will check my email then. In the meantime, if you'd prefer to contact my phone hotline counterparts at our Cadillac Customer Assistance Center, 800-458-8006, they are open until 9pm EST tonight and then will be open Thursday-Saturday of this week, 8am-9pm EST.

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service