Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Going on my third V

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  xlroadster 
#1 ·
Going up today to pick up a 2012 V Coupe. Crystal red with ebony interior, every option except polished wheels. Auto transmission.

I am a sick individual. Started with 09 V sedan, crystal red with ebony. Put about 9000 miles on it, and traded it for 11 VCoupe, black with ebony/saffron. Trading that one with 11500 miles.

I never got over my preference for crystal red, so when I saw the dealer had one in stock when I took the 11 in for service, it was all over.

At least I got Rainsense wipers back, and picked up the blind spot alert.

Please pray for me.

#12 ·
hey now.. at least I have some good reasons to switch, but that hurts.. I already had my shots mmkay.
How are you not losing your a$$ trading in so quickly? Depreciation hit after hit after hit...congrats though.
Buy when incentives are peaking. To 'trade in' my V2 auto 3 years early that was leased for my ordered one cost me tax/title, and $30 more /month strictly speaking.

#6 ·
You are definitely a sick, sick man. Not to mention a lucky one....

#9 ·
Absolutely I am getting nailed by depreciation. That's probably the sickest part. No doubt.

I won't be somebody who says "I got the greatest deal, I crushed them". But they gave the top trade using the same color book that I used, and they maxed out the deal by looking into every possible incentive to come up with the number I asked for. I always calculate the dealer invoice and MSRP, as well as the trade numbers, so I can create a range in which I want to work. You know, so my car and $XX. The dealer appreciates my repeat business plus they know I am a sick man who will just keep coming back.

I just never got over my true preference for the crystal red, plus I finally got beaten down with the effort in making a black car look good. It's the toughest thing.

So this car has everything but the polished wheels. My first two had them, and I will be trying to get used to the painted wheels. I know that I can always replace them. The other thing is the car had the yellow calipers. For me they are a no go on a red car, so they had to swap them with the silver calipers that came off my black one when I put yellows on it.

But the car is so fully optioned that I didn't mind that I didn't order it but bought off the lot.

#13 ·
After some time with the new car I have to sound off.

Our cars are terrific. This thing goes like a rocket and tracks like a slot car, just like my previous two did. It looks fantastic. I was a little worried about the suede steering wheel, but I had a false impression of how big and bulky it was. It seems the same size as the leather wrapped version, but it's a lot grippier. The blind spot alert is a great addition.

It's tight, fast, and sounds fantastic. Coming home with it on the thruway is a blast, flying by people and having some give you the thumbs up, or flash their lights.

And best of all, I am back in crystal red tintcoat once again.

#14 ·
khoeysr said:
After some time with the new car I have to sound off.

Our cars are terrific. This thing goes like a rocket and tracks like a slot car, just like my previous two did. It looks fantastic. I was a little worried about the suede steering wheel, but I had a false impression of how big and bulky it was. It seems the same size as the leather wrapped version, but it's a lot grippier. The blind spot alert is a great addition.

It's tight, fast, and sounds fantastic. Coming home with it on the thruway is a blast, flying by people and having some give you the thumbs up, or flash their lights.

And best of all, I am back in crystal red tintcoat once again.
Glad you saw the light...

#15 ·
I am a sick individual. Started with 09 V sedan, crystal red with ebony. Put about 9000 miles on it, and traded it for 11 VCoupe, black with ebony/saffron. Trading that one with 11500 miles.
Did you end up buying your car out here in Rochester? I saw that the dealer I bought my V in just listed a '11 V Coupe, same combo as yours, except w/ 12K miles. Small world if that was your car, because I already made an appointment to test drive the coupe V's on a possible trade in...even though I've owned the sedan for all of two months so far!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.