: Replacement rotors

Kluch
03-23-12, 01:24 AM
My rotor hubs (mostly rear) are rusty and I hate the look. Thought about painting them, but then I found these on tire rack. The hubs are black so I think they will look good- especially with the black satin rims.

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brakes.jsp?make=Centric&model=High+Carbon+Plain+125+Series+Rotor&group=High+Carbon+Plain+125+Series+Rotor&autoMake=Cadillac&autoModel=CTS-V&autoYear=2011&autoModClar=Coupe

What do you guys think?

Want to find a set of front rotors with black hubs to match. Anyone have ideas? I would appreciate any help. Not looking to break the bank here. The rear rotors in the link above are $82 each. Thanks in advance.

M5eater
03-23-12, 10:17 AM
I would remind you that not all rotors are created equal, although for $82 it does seem attractive. I would google a bit to see if their use of carbon is comparable to the stock brembo rotors. Otherwise you may be spending $190 again sooner than you thought.

xmaciek82x
03-23-12, 01:13 PM
Depends what the core is used to create the rotors. C-Tek cores are junk, don't ever buy, Centric Premium cores are excellent. The ones you posted are abviously Centric ones and are quality rotors. I ran them on my Evo for a long time and people run them on the track without any issues.

M5eater
03-23-12, 01:22 PM
Depends what the core is used to create the rotors. C-Tek cores are junk, don't ever buy, Centric Premium cores are excellent. The ones you posted are abviously Centric ones and are quality rotors. I ran them on my Evo for a long time and people run them on the track without any issues.
see? Nice to know!

baabootoo
03-23-12, 08:42 PM
Too bad they only offer the rears.

M5eater
03-23-12, 08:44 PM

we probably won't see aftermarket rotors for a long time, maybe never. They're exclusive to the V2, and they're dualcast rotors. The rears are essentially OTS and are shared on a lot of cars.

Kluch
03-23-12, 11:08 PM

Here, here. If I could get a matching set I'd be all in. Not sure why my rotor hats rusted so prematurely when others don't. I know others have had this issue- there are many threads. No strange products were used to clean the wheels. The rust is so visible, looks terrible, and of course it has now become the first place my eyes go whenever I look at the car. Others have painted them, but I'd rather replace if I had the option. I guess I could always put these on the rear and the brembo 2-piece rotors up front, but that's WAY more than I wanted to spend.