: Forgestar F14 Wheels Entering Production (6x115 - FINALLY!)



FuzzyLogic
03-22-12, 11:39 PM
FINALLY! I just got a couple of emails from Peter and Vincent at Forgestar, providing ordering details on their Forgestar F14 production run for the first generation Cadillac CTS-V. Right now, they're tooling up and their initial production run will be 20 units. Here are the essentials:

1. The wheels are 19x9" +40mm front (semi-concave) and 19x10 +42mm back (deep concave). Forgestar guarantees that they will fit any stock CTS-V. Using the 1010tires offset tool, I calculate that the front wheels will have 4mm less inner clearance versus OEM and extend an extra 8mm on the outside. The back wheels will extend in both directions by an additional 19mm. That's 5mm more clearance than the Linea Corse LC855. If you're lowered, you may want to have KillerNoodle set you up (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-performance/253473-noodle-trailing-arms-ordering-thread-yall.html) with a set of upgraded trailing arms. I've been rocking them for a month, and they're freaking solid (pictures here (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-performance/253473-noodle-trailing-arms-ordering-thread-yall.html#post2886176)).

2. Available finishes are gloss black (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/QuicksilverG4/Forgestar%20Wheels/p1000747.jpg), matte black (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/QuicksilverG4/Forgestar%20Wheels/redlfa6.jpg), gloss gunmetal (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/QuicksilverG4/Forgestar%20Wheels/joem54.jpg), matte gunmetal (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/QuicksilverG4/Forgestar%20Wheels/dem33.jpg), silver (http://www.execstudio.com/products/forgestar_wheels/F14/slides/forgestar_f14_wheels_bmw_z4m_e85_silver_machined_0 1.jpg), race gold (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/QuicksilverG4/Forgestar%20Wheels/void0.jpg), and white (don't ask me why). Other finishes like titanium (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/QuicksilverG4/Forgestar%20Wheels/whitem3e1.jpg) are available if we get at least 10 orders for it. All wheels include Forgestar wheel caps (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/QuicksilverG4/Forgestar%20Wheels/newcap1.jpg). Vincent said that he's looking into drilling the opening to accommodate larger Cadillac wheelcaps, but he's not hopeful.

3. Since these are flow-formed cast aluminum wheels, they are lighter and stronger than our stock, 25 lb, 18x8.5" +42mm wheels. Although I wasn't provided with official weights, thanks to teh internets (specifically the Camero forums), the the 19x9" and 19x10" wheels should weigh 24.1 and 24.7 lbs, respectively.

4. Pre-order price for a full set is $1499 shipped if you order before 03/31/2012, afterwhich the regular $1680 shipped price applies. If you want to get in on the pre-order, email Peter@Forgestar.com. They're asking for a 25% deposit up front and will wait to bill the other 75% when the wheels ship in mid May. If you can't make up your mind, wait for the official announcement on their website sometime next month, but you'll definitely be outside the pre-order discount window.


I think that's about it. If you have questions, I'll try to answer them, but you're probably better off emailing Peter directly. I've got a set of gloss gunmetal wheels on order for my infrared CTS-V. If you order something, tell us what finish you picked and what color your CTS-V is!



http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/QuicksilverG4/Forgestar%20Wheels/joem54.jpg
Gloss Gunmetal
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/QuicksilverG4/Forgestar%20Wheels/p1000747.jpg
Gloss Black
http://www.forgestar.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=85&g2_serialNumber=3
Titanium
http://www.elementwheels.com/prodimages/a4f14.jpg
Silver
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/QuicksilverG4/Forgestar%20Wheels/redlfa6.jpg
Matte Black
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/QuicksilverG4/Forgestar%20Wheels/IMG_0322.jpg
Race Gold