: New 2012 6M V Coupe w/ 132 miles

Tyns
03-22-12, 11:36 PM
Negotiated what I thought was an incredible deal with a dealer ~180 miles away, even settling on a solid trade-in price for my current vehicle. Picking up the V this Saturday and was faxed the papers tonight when I saw the "showroom" 2012 CTS-V Coupe 6M had 132 miles on the odometer. Should I be concerned? I have visions of test drivers grinding gears and being otherwise abusive...

SoCal_V
03-23-12, 02:46 AM
Buy it & don't look back; you have 4yrs free maintenance and a 100,000-mile powertrain warranty.

Unless those 100+ miles were spent at Laguna Seca hot lapping, don't sweat it.

LV_V
03-23-12, 02:48 AM
Price?

commander112
03-23-12, 07:53 AM
Not a big deal. Buy and enjoy. My old XLR had more miles on it than that. It was a dealer trade and was driven between the two stores and I'm sure a few test drives. Miles happen.

M5eater
03-23-12, 08:49 AM
It could be as simple as it was traded from another location.

my Black diamond had 200 miles on it, but it was also driven from NJ as my dealer traded that dealer a white diamond for it.

smackdownCTSV
03-23-12, 09:27 AM
Myself and others purchased used with thousands of miles on it. Feel better? As long as you got a good deal, it shouldn't matter.

Tyns
03-23-12, 09:43 AM
Total discount was $9293 off MSRP.

Just found a "company used vehicle discount" line on the invoice for -$1746. What's that?

M5eater
03-23-12, 09:47 AM
Total discount was $9293 off MSRP.

Just found a "company used vehicle discount" line on the invoice for -$1746. What's that?

IE, someone at the dealership used the vehicle as their personal car.

Tyns
03-23-12, 10:43 AM
Just talked to my salesman about it - it was dropped to a dealership about 40 miles away initially. It was then driven to the RBC Center (Raleigh) for a car show, where it was roped off and surrounded by pretty women talking about it. It was then driven to its current home where it lived in the showroom. So I'm either being well bullsh!++ed or I'm getting a celebrity haha. Either way, he confirmed it was not used as a demo vehicle so I'm good to go! Taking delivery tomorrow morning!

2012 6M coupe
black diamond tricoat
satin graphite wheels
Recaros w/ black/saffron interior
midnight sapele trim
sueded wheel/shifter
sunroof (unfortunately)
silver calipers (I'll probably order the yellows and resell the silvers, but I'll give them a couple weeks)

SoCalCTSV
03-23-12, 11:05 AM
Stop it with the sunroof already. It's fine.

M5eater
03-23-12, 11:12 AM
Stop it with the sunroof already. It's fine.
Stop what?
I opted out for the extra head-room. However, The sunroof in this car is huge, it has a high chance that eventually it'll start making noise. I don't think there's any question about that really.

SoCalCTSV
03-23-12, 11:14 AM
Good for you.

smackdownCTSV
03-23-12, 12:22 PM
The sunroof in the Coupe doesn't or shouldn't have the same problems in the Sedan or Wagon since they are different, ie. not ultraview.

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-23-12, 12:40 PM
Just talked to my salesman about it - it was dropped to a dealership about 40 miles away initially. It was then driven to the RBC Center (Raleigh) for a car show, where it was roped off and surrounded by pretty women talking about it. It was then driven to its current home where it lived in the showroom. So I'm either being well bullsh!++ed or I'm getting a celebrity haha. Either way, he confirmed it was not used as a demo vehicle so I'm good to go! Taking delivery tomorrow morning!

2012 6M coupe
black diamond tricoat
satin graphite wheels
Recaros w/ black/saffron interior
midnight sapele trim
sueded wheel/shifter
sunroof (unfortunately)
silver calipers (I'll probably order the yellows and resell the silvers, but I'll give them a couple weeks)

Glad to hear you're going to be a proud owner soon, Tyns! Please let us know how you enjoy it when it arrives.

As far as the miles already on your new coupe, I just wanted to point out that the warranties traditionally kick in when you purchase the vehicle. This means whatever mileage is on it when you purchase it results in additional mileage coverage (i.e. 132 miles on purchase = Powertrain Warranty of 100,132 miles).

Many happy miles,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

SoCalCTSV
03-23-12, 12:49 PM
The sunroof in the Coupe doesn't or shouldn't have the same problems in the Sedan or Wagon since they are different, ie. not ultraview.

My point was that it has become an epidemic of complaints without applying to the coupes. Unless he was talking specifically about the headroom. I'm 6'3" and I fit perfectly with a sunroof.

M5eater
03-23-12, 12:54 PM
My point was that it has become an epidemic of complaints without applying to the coupes. Unless he was talking specifically about the headroom. I'm 6'3" and I fit perfectly with a sunroof.
No, you're 100% Right. It's hard to remember that the coupe's do not have the same roof. For the record, I have ~ 1/4" headroom in the sedan, and 0" headroom with a small helmet, thus my decision. Which is not as relevent since it's not a coupe, but I believe it should still stand that these are not tall cars.

Tyns
03-23-12, 04:17 PM
I never use a sunroof (shade always closed), so I would prefer deleting the $700 option and getting the extra headroom. I am relieved to hear there are no issues with the coupe sunroof - which isn't entirely clear to a relative newcomer to these boards.

I'm excited to pick up the new ride tomorrow! I must admit I am getting surprisingly nostalgic about my trade in all of a sudden... But I'm sure that'll disappear once I drive off the lot ;)

thebigjimsho
03-23-12, 09:24 PM
Bunch of friggin vampires around here. Give me the sun and an open roof...

Tyns
03-26-12, 10:45 AM
Bunch of friggin vampires around here. Give me the sun and an open roof...

I'm really enjoying this car! The sunroof is more forward in this car than I've been used to; I enjoyed having the shade open. Horrible day to take delivery, though - severe thunderstorms, crazy rain, hail warnings (thank god no hail hit the car). Here are some pics (I look like crap in the one, had just woken up :P ).

thebigjimsho
03-26-12, 12:32 PM
Eh, you look better than me on my best day. V is lookin better than both of us...

SecretWeapon
03-26-12, 12:38 PM
Buy it and do not look back. That is what the warranty is for.

BWhite58
03-26-12, 05:34 PM
My sunroof is just fine , thank you .

Moneypenny
03-26-12, 06:55 PM
I agree re the sunroof. I *love* a sunroof, and so very much wanted one in my wagon. That said, no matter how many of these cars I sat in during my many-months-long decision making process, I could never get the seat low enough to prevent my head from rubbing the headliner in sunroof-equipped cars. So I had to bid it farewell when ordering my wagon. :mad:

Thunder Gray STS
03-26-12, 07:07 PM
I agree re the sunroof. I *love* a sunroof, and so very much wanted one in my wagon. That said, no matter how many of these cars I sat in during my many-months-long decision making process, I could never get the seat low enough to prevent my head from rubbing the headliner in sunroof-equipped cars. So I had to bid it farewell when ordering my wagon. :mad:

Same here. I could not get the seat low enough as well. Hence no squeakroof.

thebigjimsho
03-26-12, 09:08 PM
My moonroof is fine for me. And I'm 6'1...

SoCalCTSV
03-26-12, 09:52 PM
I'm really enjoying this car! The sunroof is more forward in this car than I've been used to; I enjoyed having the shade open. Horrible day to take delivery, though - severe thunderstorms, crazy rain, hail warnings (thank god no hail hit the car). Here are some pics (I look like crap in the one, had just woken up :P ).

Turtle - is that you? How's the tequila company? How is Vince?

Tyns
03-26-12, 10:01 PM
Turtle - is that you? How's the tequila company? How is Vince?

Haha nice... Yeah, i need to shave and drop 40 lbs. The hat was due to the bed head.