: New mounting solution for Getrag differential...

mstrjon32
03-22-12, 05:52 PM
People trying to get the diff to last longer have been going about it the wrong way the whole time...

Last fall I went for a ride with a friend in his S2000 around the track. This turned out to be a huge mistake, because after that I knew I had to have a roadster. I've loved these since they were new, and came very, very close to buying one back when Saturn was still around. At the time it was hard to see spending that much money for a car with no trunk, but now that someone else has put a few miles on it, I'm happy to pay half price.

It will still be another few weeks until it's here, but it can't come soon enough. It's a 2007 Redline with a manual transmission (of course). 260hp/260tq stock, but I plan on putting the GMPP tune on it, which should make it good for 290hp/340tq. It will be interested to see how it feels compared to the V. This is also the first time I bought a car sight-unseen, and I'm hugely grateful to the seller who has been really cooperative working with me as I get this thing shipped half way around the world.

Don't worry, I'm keeping the V as my winter beater. ;)

OneFast V
03-22-12, 06:16 PM
Where is the Pontiac you bought located? Are they shipping it to you?

mstrjon32
03-22-12, 07:25 PM
It's the Saturn version...and it's in Austin, TX. It is being shipped to me, I arranged all of the shipping. It's getting picked up in the next few days and then should take another 3 weeks after that to arrive in Germany. I'll be renting a car to drive up to the port of Emden where I'll pick it up (and see it in person for the first time...)

lollygagger8
03-23-12, 04:22 PM
This is the first time I've head of someone using a V for a winter car

rand49er
03-23-12, 07:24 PM
... Don't worry, I'm keeping the V as my winter beater. ;)Lolly's right. It's finally come to this.

Nice car, btw.

mstrjon32
03-23-12, 07:49 PM
Ha, well it's not my winter beater per se, but I do drive it all year round, have winter tires for it, use it to bring home stuff from Ikea and from the grocery store, and use it to go the track...it's a flexible machine. Next week I've got some FG2's to put on, new brakes, and some summer tires, so she is still getting plenty of attention.

liqidvenom
03-25-12, 05:10 PM
those are fun cars, my friend had one... not much trunk or interior space but still a blast to drive