: Wheel bore

stoveguyy
03-22-12, 03:29 PM
Found some nice cheap chrysler 300c rims. They have 71.5 bore or slightly larger than my 70.3 on my 96 Sts. Chrysler rims also have slightly bigger bolt holes 14mm vs 12mm on gm but tapered seat lug nuts should fix that. Will I need centering rings? Do they sell them?

stoveguyy
03-23-12, 12:08 PM
I could make some simple sleeves from tubing for the studs. 14mm OD x 12mm ID. That would help the lug centering which may not be a big deal. I have a lathe. I could even make some centering rings. I found a few websites that sell them. They will be 0.6 mm thick which is real thin and flimsy. Probably will be easy to bend. A larger bore wheel will fit on a smaller hub, not the reverse. The offset and backing spacing are real close and I am using stock width tires so it should be ok.

johnny kannapo
04-17-12, 07:10 PM
This is a bad Idea. Are the lug tapers different?

You have 6 points of fitment problems & if the lug taper angle differs they won't seat for very long before loosening

rodnok01
04-17-12, 07:57 PM
If you could find hub sleeve maybe they would work, since the hub carries the weight. matching the angle on nuts would be critical. You need to make sure the rims sit perfectly flat against the hubs also. I think I would pass on this myself...

Submariner409
04-26-12, 05:14 PM
www.ezaccessory.com