: Advice for brake rotors/pads for my 2008 escalade

mikeg1
03-22-12, 11:58 AM
OK - 50K miles - warped rotors (turned once at 35K). Time to put on new rotors and pads. I tow a boat (5,000#) about 2K miles/year. I do not want to upgrade to "big brakes" (too much $$$). I want to have the same or better braking performance than OEM (happy with the braking performance other than the warping). I want to try to eliminate the warped rotors again. I want the brakes to be quiet. I am looking for real-world experiences from those of you who have put on rotors and pads.
I am looking at:
1) Brakeperformance.com +/- $500 parts (dimpled and slotted rotors - premium semi-metallic pads - life-time warranty against warping).
2) Centric Power Stop +/- $476 parts (cross-drilled/slotted rotors with powerstop 216 evolution carbon/ceramic pads - 3yr/36K mile warranty)
3) EBC rotors +/- $720 parts ("Sport" rotors - Greenstuff pads [#7000 front, #6000 rear???] 1yr/12K mile warranty)

Any recommendations or concerns - thanks in advance for your help.

hcvone
03-22-12, 12:35 PM
OK - 50K miles - warped rotors (turned once at 35K). Time to put on new rotors and pads. I tow a boat (5,000#) about 2K miles/year. I do not want to upgrade to "big brakes" (too much $$$). I want to have the same or better braking performance than OEM (happy with the braking performance other than the warping). I want to try to eliminate the warped rotors again. I want the brakes to be quiet. I am looking for real-world experiences from those of you who have put on rotors and pads.
I am looking at:
1) Brakeperformance.com +/- $500 parts (dimpled and slotted rotors - premium semi-metallic pads - life-time warranty against warping).
2) Centric Power Stop +/- $476 parts (cross-drilled/slotted rotors with powerstop 216 evolution carbon/ceramic pads - 3yr/36K mile warranty)
3) EBC rotors +/- $720 parts ("Sport" rotors - Greenstuff pads [#7000 front, #6000 rear???] 1yr/12K mile warranty)

Good timing, we just received EBC GD rotors and 7000 front pads #E35DP71830 and rear 6000 #E35DP61780 for testing on one of my 12's, we put these on my friends 10' and they stopped 17 feet faster than the stock brakes, they would be on my truck but I am waiting for the stainless steel lines from Australia. We install a lot of Centric pads and rotors, I like the stock delco brakes better than the Centric brake pads on the Escalade personally

trich24
03-22-12, 12:53 PM
Still happy with these after a few thousand miles

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/247504-brake-performance-rotors-pad-change.html

MrHolland
03-22-12, 08:46 PM
I installed the same rotors Mr. Trich24 did on a Honda that I drive to and from work. I'm also very pleased with the product. I used Wagoner ceramic pads, thats what was on the car before the rotor swap. The new rotors do seem to make the pads a little more dusty. Thats ok though, because if my wife cant warp these rotors then they must be something!!

mikeg1
03-23-12, 06:31 PM
Good timing, we just received EBC GD rotors and 7000 front pads #E35DP71830 and rear 6000 #E35DP61780 for testing on one of my 12's, we put these on my friends 10' and they stopped 17 feet faster than the stock brakes, they would be on my truck but I am waiting for the stainless steel lines from Australia. We install a lot of Centric pads and rotors, I like the stock delco brakes better than the Centric brake pads on the Escalade personally

How many miles are on the new brakes (2010)? Impressions at this point? Noise (grinding/squeaking)? Fade? Thanks!!

luxurylife33
03-23-12, 07:38 PM
I stick with OEM ACDelco's Durastop (ceramic) pads and Durastop rotors... I tow a 3500lb trailer no prob and havent warped em yet

quattrotman
03-24-12, 08:11 PM
Drilled rotors are a good idea (slotted is overkill and will wear pads harder). Pads and how you break them in are most important. The harder the pad material, the less dust and longer they last. Metallic pads are virtually dust free and last forever but may overheat and glaze. I'd do an organic material. Soft and more dust but won't squeal or cause hot spots 'warping'. And break them in properly. That's the number one reason brakes go south. Easiest way? Just take it easy for the first tank of gas. Light stops. They'll be trouble free.

mikeg1
06-05-12, 05:54 PM
I am looking at:

UPDATE:

I had the EBC rotors and pads installed. (Found 15% discount ad for www.placeforbrakes.com). I properly "bedded" in the pads. Have about 1,500 miles on them now. Normal braking feels the same as stock. Towing my boat (+/- 6,000#) felt greatly improved from stock. No noise whatsoever and no "grinding" So far I am very happy. Parts wound up costing $601 and my mechanic charged me $395 for install (It's California after all!).

hcvone
06-05-12, 07:04 PM
I have 2000 miles on my one 2012 with EBC pads and rotors (7000 and 6000 pads) and stainless steel lines, I could not be more pleased, great stopping, not as good as my big brake Baer or big brake Wilwoods, but seriously not much worse in stopping distance, great upgrade for under 700 dollars, better stopping and pedal feel compared to stock

thebigpunn
06-07-12, 04:28 PM
I have always like Wagner Thermo Quiets. No dust, and quiet!