: Ventilated seats

Kdizel
03-22-12, 03:31 AM
Is there a way to turn on air/heat on the seats when truck is started by keyfob remote?

Paddy4810
03-22-12, 04:32 AM
set your climate control to auto

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-22-12, 12:18 PM
Let us know if Paddy's 4810's great feedback helped resolve your issue! As always, please feel free to private message anytime if you have further questions.

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

CadX6
03-22-12, 12:23 PM
Remote starting the vehicle will activate either the heat or a/c - depending on ambient temperature. Also, depending on temperature, it will activate front driver & passenger seat heaters. It will never turn on the cooled seat feature.

Kdizel
03-22-12, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the info..

Ghost Deany
03-22-12, 07:49 PM
Pretty sure mine turns on the cooled seating if its hot out from remote start.

Kdizel
03-22-12, 08:15 PM
Really...do u keep the climate control on auto?

Nice Ride
03-22-12, 09:05 PM
I had a 2006 DTS and it did turn on the cooling feature if it was Hot outside, say 80.. I will know shortly on my 09 escalade.

Ghost Deany
03-22-12, 10:50 PM
I never have it on auto

Kdizel
03-22-12, 11:58 PM
Ohh....ok.. Cool....will try it out and see!

----------

Bout to get the big boy now huh (nice ride)?? Congrats to you!!

Nice Ride
03-23-12, 08:59 AM
Had it for several months, has not been hot enough to see if the cooling feature turns on yet..

CadX6
03-23-12, 12:25 PM
From the 2009 Escalade owner's manual -

Remote Vehicle Start
This feature allows you to start the engine from outside of the vehicle. It may also start up the vehicle’s heating or
air conditioning systems and rear window defogger.
Normal operation of the system will return after the key is turned to the ON/RUN position.
During a remote start, the climate control system will default to a heating or cooling mode depending on the
outside temperatures.
During a remote start, if your vehicle has an automatic climate control system and heated seats, the heated
seats will turn on during colder outside temperatures and will shut off when the key is turned to ON/RUN. If your
vehicle does not have an automatic climate control system, during remote start, you will need to manually
turn the heated seats on and off.

My guess is, the reason the system isn't designed to turn on the cooled seats is that unlike heated seats which use heating elements & actually raise the temperature of the seat surface to a measurable degree, the cooled seats simply circulate cool air thru the holes in the seat surface & don't really have a lasting effect as far as lowering the temperature of the seat itself (but it feels good to your "seat")

Kdizel
03-23-12, 05:38 PM
Cool....thanks for the help!!! ....got pics of your escalades?

Ghost Deany
03-23-12, 07:38 PM
My cooled seats come on with the remote start, i just did it today.

Kdizel
03-23-12, 08:13 PM
Ok...cool not hot enough for me to try it yet though