: MotorTrend Video, V-Wagon VS MB E63 AMG

elphil
03-21-12, 04:09 PM
Video released this morning. Lieberman is the MT staffer who has the V-Wagon to test for a year. Which one does he think is better? http://www.youtube.com/motortrend

NickCat
03-21-12, 05:06 PM
Wish the launch was a little better for the Caddy...

Anyone else catch the production number of 447 wagons he said he got from GM? I wonder if that was all V wagons or some smaller breakdown?

Haze
03-21-12, 11:05 PM
He is saying Cadillac quoted him 447 V Wagons sold over a two year period. I am thinking that that number does not include the fairly large number of V Wagons BUILT (but not sold) and put into the world as press cars. Still, that number is distinctly smaller than I thought it would be, but within the realm of reality. What got me more was the 39 that they needed to sell in order to recoup their engineering investment. Amazing.

----------

Wish the launch was a little better for the Caddy...

Anyone else catch the production number of 447 wagons he said he got from GM? I wonder if that was all V wagons or some smaller breakdown?

So do I and the shifts looked sloppy. I think that a better driver could have evened that up, but I don't see the V Wagon kicking the AMG in that drag race. What is obvious though, is that the AMG is a tub of lard in the twisties.

SoCal_V
03-22-12, 04:00 AM
The AMG wagon is a tub of lard in the twisties...LOL that's the wrong tool for the job though. That car is all about cruising w/lots of power and ultimate luxury, not value.

FLTRI
03-22-12, 02:33 PM
Great Compro, thanks for posting. I wonder how the 1/2 mile would have gone if the Caddi was an auto???

Think I may have found my vanity plate, too: 1 OF 447:)

V Wagon
03-23-12, 10:33 AM
I'd be willing to bet the production number quoted was all saleable cars built, including media cars and the like.

The business case for the V wagon was definitely made on creating a small number of unique parts to it. All the exterior pieces are common to either the other V's or the standard wagon. The V didn't get a unique rear fascia like it does on the sedan. What parts are actually unique to the V wagon? The back seat might be the only thing?