Cadillac Owners Forum banner

MotorTrend Video, V-Wagon VS MB E63 AMG

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  V Wagon 
#1 ·
Video released this morning. Lieberman is the MT staffer who has the V-Wagon to test for a year. Which one does he think is better? http://www.youtube.com/motortrend

#3 ·
He is saying Cadillac quoted him 447 V Wagons sold over a two year period. I am thinking that that number does not include the fairly large number of V Wagons BUILT (but not sold) and put into the world as press cars. Still, that number is distinctly smaller than I thought it would be, but within the realm of reality. What got me more was the 39 that they needed to sell in order to recoup their engineering investment. Amazing.

----------

So do I and the shifts looked sloppy. I think that a better driver could have evened that up, but I don't see the V Wagon kicking the AMG in that drag race. What is obvious though, is that the AMG is a tub of lard in the twisties.

#6 ·
I'd be willing to bet the production number quoted was all saleable cars built, including media cars and the like.

The business case for the V wagon was definitely made on creating a small number of unique parts to it. All the exterior pieces are common to either the other V's or the standard wagon. The V didn't get a unique rear fascia like it does on the sedan. What parts are actually unique to the V wagon? The back seat might be the only thing?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.