: Northstar water crossover

stonem
11-18-04, 04:16 PM
I have damaged the pump housing trying to get the water pump replaced. I purchased the tool and even so it would not budge. It appeared to be almost welded to the housing. Does anyone have a water crossover housing they want to sell? 1997 Deville Y-northstar model. The car has had the overheating problem in the past and I had to have the headbolts and anchors replaced at 38K miles. No I have 86K and it started to run warm. So I tried to replace the thermo and pump only to break the housing... Please help. Thanks, Marshall

sts96
11-18-04, 09:54 PM
Have one from 96 sts looks to be ok I think it will fit yours.
sts96

Spyder
11-19-04, 12:17 AM
I've got a complete housing and pump and thermo and such...off of a 94 though. Don't know if its the same, but if it'll work I'll give it to ya cheap.

chazglenn3
11-19-04, 03:53 AM
Be careful when taking the water pump out. It turns clockwise to come out. Maybe you were cranking on it the normal way things come out.

BeelzeBob
11-19-04, 08:02 PM
I've got a complete housing and pump and thermo and such...off of a 94 though. Don't know if its the same, but if it'll work I'll give it to ya cheap.

A 94 water crossover will not work on a 97....slightly different part in both the water pump mounting area and the EGR connections.

The 93/94 water crossovers are the same.

The 95 water crossover is different as it has the provisions for the EGR feed to the manifold.

The 96 gets a slightly different crossover as the water pump mounting was changed to error proof the revised water pump design and pulley size. 96-99 water crossovers are interchangable as far as I can remember.