: The time has come to part ways......

Mallett Hammer
03-20-12, 11:12 PM
Fellow Cadillac Enthusiasts,
The time has come to put the CTS-V up for sale. It comes with mixed emotions and many of stories, but it’s something that has to be done. The car is still in great shape and runs like no other V1 Cadillac that I am aware of. I’ve been in a lot of other vehicles in the same class as this car, but I tell you nothing performs like the CTS-V and not many other CTS-V’s perform like one with an LS-3 in it.

I know everyone is going to ask why I am selling it so I mine as well address the question right away. In all honesty I never drive the car anymore and my daily commute of 10 minutes just doesn’t do this car any justice. Starting in the fall I will only have a 5 minute walk to work so the need for a car like this just doesn’t make sense to me anymore. This was made to be driven and tracked and be the most reliable car on the track.

Just for historical purposes here are some old time threads about the car and the stories behind it:
Thread started when Jesse at W4M installed a new GM crate LS-3.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-performance/200648-look-what-you-get-when-you-3.html
Thread started when Mallett Cars Ltd. and I had a few issues.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/187035-finally-decide-tell-my-story-youll.html

perfect
03-21-12, 08:49 AM
Not sure you're supposed to be posting "for sale" ads that are thinly veiled as "goodbye" ads.

IBTL

thebigjimsho
03-21-12, 09:38 AM
Uh oh. Can we spam here now?

rand49er
03-21-12, 02:11 PM
Not sure you're supposed to be posting "for sale" ads that are thinly veiled as "goodbye" ads.

IBTLVery thinly, indeed!

perfect
03-21-12, 04:10 PM
Looks like a mod already fixed it for him (or maybe he did). Either way - bummer that you're going. I'm sure somebody else will enjoy the ride.

Mallett Hammer
03-21-12, 04:21 PM
Looks like a mod already fixed it for him (or maybe he did). Either way - bummer that you're going. I'm sure somebody else will enjoy the ride.

I just fixed it cause it wasn't my intention to create the thread to sell the car. That is what the classifieds are for along with other websites.

I just wanted to give a shout out to everyone on the this forum that has helped me for anything along my insane journeys with this car. That is why I dug up those crazy old posts. Plus, I still am not so sure that there are many people that have performed this swap. It is one of the most cost effective and reliable swaps you could do with a V1. Just wanted to refresh everyone with its capabilities as an alternative option to the crazy expensive LS7. (at the time I did the swap at least)

I have never been a big poster on the forums, but I bet I have a good amount of time invested reading all the information on the site.

thebigjimsho
03-22-12, 10:48 AM
Hope the sale works out for you! Tis an impressive car...

yooper
03-22-12, 10:55 AM
I just wanted to give a shout out to everyone on the this forum that has helped me for anything along my insane journeys with this car. That is why I dug up those crazy old posts. Plus, I still am not so sure that there are many people that have performed this swap. It is one of the most cost effective and reliable swaps you could do with a V1. Just wanted to refresh everyone with its capabilities as an alternative option to the crazy expensive LS7. (at the time I did the swap at least)

Garrett, I have followed your journey since the first post. Don't do it! At least hold off till May 1st. Come out to MFBA's event at Road America the last weekend of April. I can hook you up with an excellent instructor.

Caution; Two days of quality seat time at this track may give you a totally different outlook regarding the V.:dance:

thebigjimsho
03-22-12, 11:03 AM
Don't you have your for sale, too, Mr I Should Talk?

Thomas M
03-22-12, 11:38 AM
I like your hood, where did you get it? LS-3s are sweet, but I think you were given optimistic dyno numbers by your tuner. He is saying you are putting out more power to the wheels than a stock LS7 or V2 LSA with an exhaust and intake.

yooper
03-22-12, 01:14 PM
Don't you have your for sale, too, Mr I Should Talk?
If this was meant for me:
I talked to Garrett a couple weeks ago regarding his decision to sell his car. I should have emailed him instead of posting my thoughts. I tend to get a little over enthusiastic regarding my favorite track and favorite touring sedan.
Garrett will do whatever is best.

Yes my car is for sale, as is my wife's 08 C6 vert. My wife wants a V2 coupe and I am building a caged track car. It's all good.:)

Mallett Hammer
03-22-12, 05:51 PM
Garrett, I have followed your journey since the first post. Don't do it! At least hold off till May 1st. Come out to MFBA's event at Road America the last weekend of April. I can hook you up with an excellent instructor.

Caution; Two days of quality seat time at this track may give you a totally different outlook regarding the V.:dance:

Will see I may still have the car by then....never know...it might not sell! I've had it up at RA 3 times now and it has never disappointed. It actually amazes me what this car is capable of. Will see what happens between now and then.

Ahhh so you have your car for sale too?

I like your hood, where did you get it? LS-3s are sweet, but I think you were given optimistic dyno numbers by your tuner. He is saying you are putting out more power to the wheels than a stock LS7 or V2 LSA with an exhaust and intake.

You know many of people have questioned the numbers on that dyno sheet. I don't really know what to say the computer showed the numbers and we hit print. I forget how many pulls he did on the dyno with it but knowing Jesse it was probably a lot, which is fine with me because the car runs perfectly. That being said I don't know how he could have fudged the numbers unless the dyno wasn't calibrated properly. If we take the approach that his dyno produces high numbers then all the V2's that he has worked on would be overstated as well, which I find hard to believe, but who knows.

Either way I am not much of a bench or numbers racer because at the end of the day your driving ability means a lot more than horsepower. I've seen it time and time again and people could have a lot faster car for a lot cheaper if they could operate it properly. $300 for a day at the track pays great dividends and will be the best mod money ever spent. Not to mention the car will last a lot longer when operated properly!

PISNUOFF
03-22-12, 06:12 PM
The numbers can be easily inflated. I believe your number is close to that but I'd be surprised if you could find another mustang dyno that would read the same. My fully built LS3 stroker is only putting about 40 more rwHp than what your stock with a tune LS3 is showing. I don't believe for a second that Jesse is that good of a tuner, but I do believe your car is really stout and probably puts down about 425-435 to the tires.

Mallett Hammer
03-22-12, 06:39 PM
The numbers can be easily inflated. I believe your number is close to that but I'd be surprised if you could find another mustang dyno that would read the same. My fully built LS3 stroker is only putting about 40 more rwHp than what your stock with a tune LS3 is showing. I don't believe for a second that Jesse is that good of a tuner, but I do believe your car is really stout and probably puts down about 425-435 to the tires.

I am inclined to agree with you because you are probably the only other person with a similar power plant to compare numbers. I have never tried to compare the numbers to anything else nor have I had the car dyno'd anywhere else. Did you take any efforts to further validate the numbers that your car put down? What kind of numbers does your car put down. I feel like anyone could make the arguement that any dyno is only materially accurate. I mean think about all the variables that can change the results of a dyno tune at any point in time. Although, some tunners may 'swing' the results to make them appear better than they really are. (This is the Accountant Auditor coming out right now).

Just to clarify.....the motor is stock, but there are some important bolt-ons that are installed.

PISNUOFF
03-23-12, 09:38 PM
Mine dyno'd at 513 rwHp and 478 rwTQ. They seemed really low to me for a 418 LS3 with every bolt on, but it hauls ass so i never cared what the numbers were. I've never had it on another dyno, but now that it has some miles on it I'm thinking about going to a local dyno day in April.

thebigjimsho
03-23-12, 09:51 PM
If this was meant for me:
I talked to Garrett a couple weeks ago regarding his decision to sell his car. I should have emailed him instead of posting my thoughts. I tend to get a little over enthusiastic regarding my favorite track and favorite touring sedan.
Garrett will do whatever is best.

Yes my car is for sale, as is my wife's 08 C6 vert. My wife wants a V2 coupe and I am building a caged track car. It's all good.:)

Yes, you. You make your V awesome and then leave. p00p.

Mallett Hammer
03-25-12, 10:48 PM
Mine dyno'd at 513 rwHp and 478 rwTQ. They seemed really low to me for a 418 LS3 with every bolt on, but it hauls ass so i never cared what the numbers were. I've never had it on another dyno, but now that it has some miles on it I'm thinking about going to a local dyno day in April.

Interesting. Those seem like good numbers. Are they as high as one would expect....tough to say unless someone who does a lot of dyno tuning could add some input. As long as it passes the butt dyno test that is all that matters.

Yes, you. You make your V awesome and then leave. p00p.

It's pretty much ready for any track out there as it sits. Not sure I would recommend it for beginners, but thats a different story. If I had more time and different priorities then I would keep, but for now I just can't!