: can I change tires brands and only change the rears?

ejjr5046
03-20-12, 10:33 PM
Hello,

thanks for the tire brand input from my previous thread. I am thinking of the conti dw / pole positions maybe

can I change just the rears and not encounter any problems.. My fronts are awesome and look brand new. If not I am stuck woth purchasing new PS2's then

thanks

eddie

qictrk
03-21-12, 12:35 AM
Your fine with whatever fits back there. No violation tickets from me. Cecil...............

thebigjimsho
03-21-12, 01:40 AM
Well, you may get some spooky handling if you push it hard. I never would. But if you're just tooling around, its not going to set off alarms, or anything.

BTW, I'll probably have my old rear PS2s in the classifieds soon. I have 4 total rear tires...

Captain McFunk
03-21-12, 02:36 PM
You can mix and match as you please. I had 2 completely different tires on the front and back of my camaro with no problems. I wouldn't take them through Dragon's Tail or anything, but they will work fine for daily driving/drag racing/etc.

RapidRob
03-21-12, 11:13 PM
My OEM PS2 front tires are due for replacement soon and I've decided to replace them with the new Pilot Super Sports since they are available in the correct size for the fronts. Hopefully, there will be PSS's available in the rear tire size when the oem PS2's wear out back there ... ?

Rob

thebigjimsho
03-22-12, 11:43 AM
Hopefully.