: toyo proxes 4 tires?

Jagillac
03-20-12, 06:43 PM
Hey guys. I'm just buying new times and tires for my 2011 CTS coupe. I love the car and I don't want to put tires on that will ruin its handling or ride in any way. I am currently leaning towards a set of toyo proxes 4. I wanted to see if anyone has them or have any opinions and experience with them. thanks

Jagillac
03-21-12, 08:16 AM
No one has any experience with these tires?

Tom Wheeler
03-21-12, 11:45 AM
Hey guys. I'm just buying new times and tires for my 2011 CTS coupe. I love the car and I don't want to put tires on that will ruin its handling or ride in any way. I am currently leaning towards a set of toyo proxes 4. I wanted to see if anyone has them or have any opinions and experience with them. thanks

When my 07 SRX was new and I put 20" aftermarket wheels and tires the first set was 255/45/20 Toyo Proxes 4. I only had them a short time because I changed them to 255/50/20 Toyo ST2's, I wanted the same aspect ratio as the factory puts on the 20" package and the Proxes 4 did not come in that size. But in the few weeks the Proxes were on the vehicle they were a great tire, big improvement from the Goodyear OEM's.
For my 2012 Premium Sportwagon with the 19" wheels I was thinking about putting 20" on it and using 245/40/20 Proxes, but I'm sticking with optional 19" I have on there now but swapping them out for a set of Detroit Wheel and Tires 19" OEM's that have the PVD chrome finish.
Sorry I could not give you a long use report, but for what it's worth the Toyo ST2's on my SRX were some of the best tires I have had, put 75,000 on them before changing them to Yokohama Parada Spec-X tires.

Tom

eborunda
03-22-12, 03:45 AM
I have them on my CTS, good grip in dry tarmac, bad on the wet, but most of all i did not like the sidewalls they are way to soft and makes the car wonble at high speed cornering. U r better off on a set of NITTO INVO or the ne MOTIVO ( i think thats the name )

Jagillac
03-22-12, 05:48 PM
I have them on my CTS, good grip in dry tarmac, bad on the wet, but most of all i did not like the sidewalls they are way to soft and makes the car wonble at high speed cornering. U r better off on a set of NITTO INVO or the ne MOTIVO ( i think thats the name )

truthfully I wanted the invo but they don't come in the 295/30/20 I would need. I could go with the285/30/20 but I'm not sure if that's a better to go with 285 or 295. also I'm being told that I may not need as serious of a tire as the invo and would be better off with an all season like the the poxes 4. if I do go down to the 285 I am also in the market for the falken fk-452. any thoughts?

TheShadow
03-22-12, 09:24 PM

Jagillac, can't talk about the 4s but I've got a set of Proxes T1 Sports in 245/40 19 which I've been really happy with and would recommend...

Jagillac
03-22-12, 09:32 PM
Jagillac, can't talk about the 4s but I've got a set of Proxes T1 Sports in 245/40 19 which I've been really happy with and would recommend...

thanks. I just looked and they do have 285/30/20. I am going to check out prices in the next couple days and hopefully make a choice by Monday. I really want to get my summer wheels and tires.

eborunda
03-23-12, 11:48 AM
thanks. I just looked and they do have 285/30/20. I am going to check out prices in the next couple days and hopefully make a choice by Monday. I really want to get my summer wheels and tires.

Those are way better than the 4s i had them on my last car, the only thing was that they wear out faster than other brands but overall great tire

Jagillac
03-23-12, 10:56 PM
Those are way better than the 4s i had them on my last car, the only thing was that they wear out faster than other brands but overall great tire

I ended up going with the nitto invo's my friend gave me an overall package price that I could say no to when comparing them to the price with the proxes. It was just $100 more. Slightly narrower but will look amazing. Now to wait two weeks haha :-P that's the hardest part.

thebigjimsho
03-23-12, 11:23 PM
Plaid tires. lol...