: 2003 cts no sound?

Decepticon
03-20-12, 01:23 PM
Hey My name is Megan, I'm about 20 now. I have owned my 2003 CTS for just over a year. I LOVE the car, it has come across a few problems unfortunately, but it doesn't make me love it any less!!

So my mother needed to take my car up to go skiing this weekend, and when she comes back, there is NO sound in my car.
She said she did nothing to make it this way. (But I find that very doubtful)

The radio is on, but there is no sound, not even radio fuzz. I go to play a CD and there is no sound. I can tell the CDs are changing and working but there is still no sound.

Also the little door chime is not working. Or the chime to remind me that my seatbelt isn't on/the door's open/low fuel etc.

There is just no sound in my car at all! It has been like this for a couple of days now. I am quite upset... Music is a huge part of driving my car!!

Things you should probably know:
I have a 10inch subwoofer and a power amp installed into the car's bose sound system aswell. in the trunk. Maybe it has something to do with the power amp being off or unplugged? I'm not skilled enough to find out if that is true or not.
I checked to see if the sub was plugged in and it is. But other than that I don't know what the problem is here!

Any Suggestions?

Upchuck
03-20-12, 09:33 PM
Did you check the fuses?
Just an idea

Decepticon
03-22-12, 01:12 PM
not the fuses...

Poormaniac
04-27-14, 11:50 PM
I know this was a long time ago bu did you ever get this fixed? I'm having the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Fuses are good. Same as above but will randomly come on but mostly no sound. Any thoughts?

Good evening, Your CF account is activated. Please check your spam or e-mail trash box for an activation mail. Please use the Settings and Profile tabs to update your profile with your correct birth date, approximate location, car owned and time zone - or do you really live in London - GMT ?

This thread is 2 years old - the posters have not logged in got at least a year. Post your question in the proper CTS (???) forum