: Quality Bra for for front end protection....any one know where to find one?

roadog1aj
03-20-12, 10:55 AM
Ok...I've tried searching this particular forum, but Danged if I can find anything regarding a good bra for protecting the front of my 2011 EXT. I have searched the web, and found several sites claiming to sell these, but there are no pictures actually showing an Escalade or EXT with one attached. I'm a little gun shy to just jump in and order one without actually seeing what it looks like on these vehicles. I don't plan on keeping it mounted full time, but want the protection when I have to go on an extended trip every once in a while. Some of these trips take me down highways that might as well be sand blasters for all the stone chips and grit that hit the front of my vehicles. Any advise on a good quality bra would be appreciated!!!

murphy
03-20-12, 11:00 AM
Ok...I've tried searching this particular forum, but Danged if I can find anything regarding a good bra for protecting the front of my 2011 EXT. I have searched the web, and found several sites claiming to sell these, but there are no pictures actually showing an Escalade or EXT with one attached. I'm a little gun shy to just jump in and order one without actually seeing what it looks like on these vehicles. I don't plan on keeping it mounted full time, but want the protection when I have to go on an extended trip every once in a while. Some of these trips take me down highways that might as well be sand blasters for all the stone chips and grit that hit the front of my vehicles. Any advise on a good quality bra would be appreciated!!!

3m film...cover headlights, foglights, bumper, hood, mirrors, rockers

MrHolland
03-20-12, 11:13 AM
Cosign Mr Murph. Once you put a removable bra on your car, you'll never remove it. Those type of bras allow dirt/dust to get in behind them, that will destroy the finish on your car. I also had 3m clear bra installed. Check around town and find out who installs them for the high end dealerships. I couldnt be happier with mine but the installer is key. Good luck.

hcvone
03-20-12, 12:07 PM
As said 3M clear bra is the way to go, you can pull it off and replace it as it gets worn, and they have a warranty too.

roadog1aj
03-20-12, 12:33 PM
Thanx for the responses! I'm going to look for a good body shop. My big concern with the clear bra was whether it could be applied to all the contours on the front of this beast without looking like A$$. Jeesh!!!....there is a lot of frontage on these things!!
I have had the clear bra applied to my STS's over the years, but was a little put off by the front end on the EXT. I guess it boils down to how good the body man is that I go too, eh? I knew the draw backs of using the regular bras....if they were left on too long, but I figured I could handle taking it off and on only when I traveled. Of course we know how good intentions end up, so it's back to the clear bra I guess. Are you guys happy with how yours have turned out?

hcvone
03-20-12, 12:52 PM
Thanx for the responses! I'm going to look for a good body shop. My big concern with the clear bra was whether it could be applied to all the contours on the front of this beast without looking like A$$. Jeesh!!!....there is a lot of frontage on these things!!
I have had the clear bra applied to my STS's over the years, but was a little put off by the front end on the EXT. I guess it boils down to how good the body man is that I go too, eh? I knew the draw backs of using the regular bras....if they were left on too long, but I figured I could handle taking it off and on only when I traveled. Of course we know how good intentions end up, so it's back to the clear bra I guess. Are you guys happy with how yours have turned out?

It's like window tint, some shops are better than others, I have my complete front bumpers and under the doors done, you can see the plastic on the sides in front and behind the doors, but the bumper is just about invisible.

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff389/hcvone/7c8bf770.jpg?t=1332258478

roadog1aj
03-20-12, 01:01 PM
Wow!! Awesome job hcvone! That pretty much sold me on going with the 3m clear bra. If yours turned out that good, surely I can get mine done as well!!!

hcvone
03-20-12, 01:16 PM
Wow!! Awesome job hcvone! That pretty much sold me on going with the 3m clear bra. If yours turned out that good, surely I can get mine done as well!!!

If you go to the 3M site I believe they will list installers in your area, usually they are pretty good because they are trained by 3M if they are listed on their site. I am in car care and this is my first clear bra on a truck, with the front bumper and under the doors done you can peel this stuff off and your paint is perfect under the plastic, well worth it.

roadog1aj
03-20-12, 01:21 PM
Great!
I'll check the 3m site for installers close to me. Thanx for all the info!!!!

MPLIN
03-21-12, 03:58 AM
3M is the only way to go. 3M has templates for each car and the installer should have a machine that cuts the pieces based on the templates from 3M. Make sure you ask the installer to point out where the cut off lines will be. The std 3M template for the front bumper cuts off a little past the side. I paid extra to have the front bumper wrapped all the way to the front wheel well. I also had the mirrors covered as well. Someone had cut the corner a little to close in the parking lot and hit the corner of my front bumper. The clear bra was torn up but once it was removed the bumper still look like new without a scratch. Like everyone says, the installer makes all the difference. When you find one that you like, try to see some of their previous work.