: keyless entry

billwater1
11-18-04, 10:54 AM
My 95 FWB keylees entry stopped working yesterday,door lock, unlock, trunk release is dead. I tried my other keyless device. Also when I shift into drive the door locks do not lock. My first thought was a fuse. Can anyone provide some suggestions ?

Revoh
11-18-04, 11:02 AM
I'd change the batteries in the key fobs. The one you're using probably just went dead, and the other one's dead because you don't use it.

Or it could be a fuse. :hide:

billwater1
11-18-04, 11:07 AM
Thanks, I should be able to get batteries today, but what about the the doors not locking when I put it in gear? I think there may be a connection...

billwater1
11-18-04, 11:22 AM
Revo, by the way, KC is where I bought my FWB, could not find any here in WA state, had to fly to KC and get one!!

Revoh
11-18-04, 02:17 PM
Ha! How about that! I bought mine about ten miles away from my house. I guess Kansas City is rich with Fleetwoods. :bouncy:

Well, your question about putting it in gear is a good one. I guess it really could be something that has to do with the car itself. I know on some cars, things like how you set your key fobs to unlock specific doors, etc. are actually controlled by the key fob. I'm not sure if these cars are that way. It still probably wouldn't hurt to change the batteries (I like to go with the easiest thing first), but I guess if that doesn't work, you'll know it's something else, and you'll have nice new batteries. :D

What kind of Corvette do you have? :)

billwater1
11-18-04, 02:35 PM
I have a 90 Vette, white/red interior, tinted windows. Z06 chrome wheeels .It is sweet.

billwater1
11-18-04, 04:07 PM
Elbee, I noticed you had a similar problem as I do, how did you fix it?

Revoh
11-18-04, 04:09 PM
I have a 90 Vette, white/red interior, tinted windows. Z06 chrome wheeels .It is sweet.
I had an '87 Corvette years ago. I really liked it, but it stopped fitting in to my life. :crying:
There's a picture of it here. (http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/542531/3)