: Spark Plug Wires

VZDog
11-18-04, 09:40 AM
Hello all!

I'm new to the forum - but glad I found a group that shares common interest in Caddy's.

My '98 Concours is coming up on 100k miles. It's required very little repair up until this point other than a battery and a pair on mufflers.

Anyway, I'm getting ready to replace the spark plugs and wires. While I was just planning on using stock plugs - does anyone have suggestions for (high performance) wires? It's the 300hp N* 4.6L engine.

Thanks!

mcowden
11-18-04, 09:59 AM
Hey VZDog, and welcome to the group! You'll find oodles of great advice and experiences here to ease your mind when it comes to maintaining, repairing, and customizing your Cadillac. This site and its members and supporters has helped me tremendously in caring for my '96 SLS. Saved me lots of time and money. The Search feature will be your best friend here. Use it to search for a particular problem, part, question, system, etc. and you'll likely find that someone has already asked the question and been given a thorough answer by one of many knowledgeable and generous contributors.

Anyway, I'll stop gushing now and tell you that, as far as plug wires go, the AC Delco wire set has been strongly recommended above every other brand on many occasions here. It's a bit pricey, anywhere from $90 to $130 that I've heard of, but it was designed for the Northstar 4.6 engine and is engineered to perform best with it. I have seen Bosch wire sets for around $70 to $90, but I'd personally rather spend the few extra bux and know it was done right. As far as plugs go, the general consensus is the AC Delco Double Platinum plugs are the best overall option, though they are also a bit on the spendy side at about $5 to $8 each. You may find them for a decent price on www.gmpartsdirect.com or someone else might have another web or store suggestion.

Hope that gets you where you need to go. Welcome again, and keep us in the loop on how your tune up project is going.

Michael Cowden :cheers:

VZDog
11-18-04, 01:37 PM
Thanks Mike. That's exactly what I wanted to know!