: Where to buy OEM wheel / rim

s1appy
03-19-12, 05:13 PM
My front driver's side wheel/rim has a slight bend in it. It's also pretty banged up, so I'd like to pickup a good condition used or brand new OEM wheel. It's really hard finding the OEM 18 6-lug wheels for a decent price for my 06 V. I've seen several wheels on ebay, can those be trusted, anyone ever bought one from there? Does anyone recommend an online selling for these wheels, either new or used? Thanks in advance!

dangrus
03-20-12, 10:49 PM
There are wheel repair outfits that can fix just about anything for a price. If you watch the classifieds here and on other forums, wheels come up for sale every few months in a wide range of conditions. I believe you can get just about any wheel brand new through a GM dealer but the price is outrageous. I have searched for parts on copartfinder in the past but never found a salvage yard near me that had a cts-v.

awdtalon92
04-03-12, 02:33 PM
I bought one for a spare on eBay, $200 shipped, had a little bit of rash, but decent. Took me 2 months of looking to find one at a decent price. Try www.fixrim.com, I've used them, they are great, not sure if they have one in your area.

thefulmonty_07
04-03-12, 04:26 PM
I bought one off ebay for about 160 and used it as my spare. I went through these guys for my wheels to clean up the curb rash and to get them powder coated and I'm happy with the work...they specialize in wheel repair. I paid 400 for the powder coating and repairing of the curb rash for all 4 wheels.
http://www.awrswheelrepair.com/

blackmnv
04-24-12, 08:07 AM
I just put new rims and tires on my car and will be selling my remaining 3 rims and tires. (I'm keeping one for my own spare.). They are factory rims in great condition (35k on car) and bridgestone tires at 50+%. Pm me if you are still looking.

mille1sj
04-26-12, 09:50 AM
I posted on a previous thread about www.bakerswheelrepair.com they fixed a bent and cracked wheel on my 2008 CTS Performance. They can even get you a refurbished, used or new wheel. I think they will even take the old one thats damaged, alsmost like a core charge. It was less expensive than buying a new one or looking at a salvage yard. I can get you more information if you want it.