: Complete Wood Grain Dash for EXT?

Dif
11-18-04, 01:53 AM
Has anyone done their dash over with one of the Wood Grain kits that are available?
I've noticed there are a few different companies and places to get them.
They look nice in the pictures,.. seem to really enhance the whole look of the interior/dash but.. I wonder if it something that would look good in person or if it would look too Gawdy.
Any personal experience recommendations, likes or dislikes?
Regards.. Frank

BLUEXTON4S
11-18-04, 10:03 AM
i did my ext with the dash kit and am very happy with it. it matches perfect and makes the dash look the way it should have been. good investment!!!

Dif
11-18-04, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the info. Which brand kit did you get?
Here's some I found.. just trying to figure which one might be the best.

http://www.nycdashes.com/cart/customer/product.php?productid=7461&cat=2051&page=1

http://www.wooddashfactory.com/pages/orders/dashdetail.cfm?partno=FAT-03ESC

Regards.. Frank

T_Dogg8
11-19-04, 05:23 PM
i think it would be too much. i like sutle things. not too out there. the best mods are ones that look good, but people don't realize you changed anything.

Dif
11-19-04, 06:52 PM
I agree with you ... not sure if it would look too much as I tend to keep things stock as much as possible.
That's why I'm undecide so far but... like Bluexton4s mentioned.. it makes it look like it should have.
I look at the dash now and try to figure what it will look like with all wood because the more I look at it stock, it's like there's a few pieces here and there with no continuity.
Like they could have put a few more to bring it together without going overboard.
Also the thing about the kit is there's so many pieces that by putting them on a few at a time in just the right places it could look good without using all the pieces. Sort of find a middle ground that looks good without having it get too far out like you say.
Anyway.. Thanks for your thoughts.
I'll be doing more thinking before I decide whether to go ahead with it or not.
Regards.. Frank

Big Dog
11-19-04, 11:11 PM
I just did mine with a kit from Sherwood which is the one in your picture. It looks really good but I did not use all the pieces unless they looked stock. The only problem with this kit is the pieces that go over the door switches did not look like it came from the factory so I took them off. Woodview has the molded pieces but they have cut outs instead of labels beheath the wood. So I went with Sherwood which was also cheaper. Also make sure you test out lights of interior at night because I found alot of the smaller switch pieces covered up light items so I did not use them also. But all in all my dash looks alot nicer now

Dan

99escalademan
11-19-04, 11:38 PM
I agree with you ... not sure if it would look too much as I tend to keep things stock as much as possible.
That's why I'm undecide so far but... like Bluexton4s mentioned.. it makes it look like it should have.
I look at the dash now and try to figure what it will look like with all wood because the more I look at it stock, it's like there's a few pieces here and there with no continuity.
Like they could have put a few more to bring it together without going overboard.
Also the thing about the kit is there's so many pieces that by putting them on a few at a time in just the right places it could look good without using all the pieces. Sort of find a middle ground that looks good without having it get too far out like you say.
Anyway.. Thanks for your thoughts.
I'll be doing more thinking before I decide whether to go ahead with it or not.
Regards.. Frank

Heres what mine looks like

http://img52.exs.cx/img52/9858/11029.jpg

overhead console

http://img57.exs.cx/img57/7461/11731.jpg

Dif
11-20-04, 03:06 AM
I just did mine with a kit from Sherwood which is the one in your picture. It looks really good but I did not use all the pieces unless they looked stock. The only problem with this kit is the pieces that go over the door switches did not look like it came from the factory so I took them off. Woodview has the molded pieces but they have cut outs instead of labels beheath the wood. So I went with Sherwood which was also cheaper. Also make sure you test out lights of interior at night because I found alot of the smaller switch pieces covered up light items so I did not use them also. But all in all my dash looks alot nicer now

Dan

Thanks Dan, that's exactly what I was wondering about.
How much was your kit.. did you get it direct from Sherwood as I've been waiting to hear from them.
There's a kit that seems to be a Sherwood kit on Ebay for $165.00 but wanted to hear direct from Sherwood first.
Thanks for the pic 99escalademan .
Regards.. Frank