: Seat mounted seat belts uncomfortable. Is there a solution?

chunnel
03-19-12, 03:07 AM
I am considering an '04 CTS V. Long drives make it apparent that the shoulder harnesses are uncomfortable. Is there a way to adjust this so that I don't feel this discomfort in my shoulder from the pressure of the belt pulling on it?

Judith57
03-19-12, 03:40 AM
hallo,anyone else?http://www.infoocean.info/avatar2.jpg

mstrjon32
03-19-12, 04:24 AM
*Shrug* The CTS has some of the most comfortable seat belts I've ever used in any car...sorry you guys don't like them... :\

Crash-Override
03-19-12, 09:38 AM
My belt doesnt "pull" on my shoulder ever. Their might be a tension setting in the seat, however ive never had to look for it so could be wrong. I can second the confortableness of the seats as I bought my car in Michigan and then drove it about 700 miles home the first trip.

Ny's Caddy
03-19-12, 12:08 PM
Maybe if you eat more Wheaties in the morning you wont feel the half once of pressure on your shoulder.

rand49er
03-19-12, 01:05 PM
Consumers Reports ragged on and on about this when the CTS-V came out. Frankly, I've never understood it.

chunnel
03-19-12, 01:48 PM
Hey Mr. T lover. You know, this is the second question I've asked on this forum, and this is the second time I've had little twerps give a smart aleck answer. I guarantee that if you saw me you wouldn't think of saying that to my face. So maybe next time shut it.

darkman
03-19-12, 02:21 PM
http://www.aboutsofttouch.com/

repenttokyo
03-19-12, 02:51 PM
Hey Mr. T lover. You know, this is the second question I've asked on this forum, and this is the second time I've had little twerps give a smart aleck answer. I guarantee that if you saw me you wouldn't think of saying that to my face. So maybe next time shut it.

that's a great attitude, and a surefire way to ensure that people here will be falling over themselves to help you.

rand49er
03-19-12, 02:52 PM
Hey Mr. T lover. You know, this is the second question I've asked on this forum, and this is the second time I've had little twerps give a smart aleck answer. I guarantee that if you saw me you wouldn't think of saying that to my face. So maybe next time shut it.Who you calling a "little twerp?" Are you threatening me or anyone else on here?

JFensty
03-19-12, 03:07 PM
http://www.aboutsofttouch.com/

Sweet! Seems like it would fit more on a Honda Insight than a V...

Ny's Caddy
03-19-12, 03:08 PM

I wouldn't mind saying anything to ur face!! Especially little girls who whine about alittle pressure on the Shoulder... This is a Man's Car!!And OP notes u still haven't bought it so find yourself another car!! That has (AHR) And a lap belt. Sweet Dreams Butter Cup:)) FYI I don't consider 6"3 220 Little Twerp but then again who's measuring

thebigjimsho
03-20-12, 01:23 PM
I'm picturing a small clamp type device you could clip on the shoulder belt so it can only retract so far. Like a chip clip.

Mmmmm, Doritos...

Andringa
03-20-12, 02:05 PM
I can't imagine the stock seat belt providing enough pressure to be uncomfortable.

odthetruth
03-20-12, 02:28 PM
I've never seen, felt or heard this issue, etc. How tall are you? Weight? How about one of the seatbelt shoulder cushions? I wouldn't know where to start.