: My car idles and shakes a lil

Blackcady07
03-18-12, 02:25 AM
Did complete tune up. Wat can it be?

K9Caddy
03-18-12, 04:50 AM
Define "complete tune up"? Are you getting any engine lights/codes? Could be a variety of issues...

----------

Was this issue present before the "tune up"?

Playdrv4me
03-18-12, 08:07 PM
I have a small amount of vibration at idle on the '08, and had some on the first '07 which had 100k on it. The second '07 we had was very smooth. This question has come up before, maybe once a month or so and the general consensus is that variations in production and the nature of a high performance OHV engine will lead to the potential of a slightly lopey idle with some vibration. Some people will have it smooth as glass, others will have more vibration. If you don't have any warning lights being tripped and your fuel economy is not suffering nor are you hearing any unusual noises from the engine, I'd generally not be concerned about it. If the shaking gets noticeably bad, or the vehicle starts to feel like its going to stall out, you have other problems.

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-19-12, 10:25 AM
Hi Blackcady07,

I'm not sure what your "complete tune up" entailed, but I agree with Playdrv4me and suggest you keep an eye on the situation. If the shaking does get bad or frustrating, going to your dealer for a diagnosis would be your best bet. Please keep us posted!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Blackcady07
03-19-12, 10:29 AM
I changed the spark plugs,wires, filter and oil change

K9Caddy
03-19-12, 11:58 AM
Any check engine lights?

Did you try cleaning the MAF and throttle body? You can buy cleaner for both at your local parts store and they are easy to clean.

thebigpunn
03-20-12, 11:28 PM
I had a bad idle in my 07 I purchased used. I imagine it had old 87 octane fuel in it. I ran in to E and put in some STP and have been running premium every since. Big difference.

Blackcady07
03-21-12, 10:11 PM
I cleaned the bmf and still idles a lil not sure wat else to do I only use mobil gas 93

Playdrv4me
03-22-12, 01:56 AM
I cleaned the bmf and still idles a lil not sure wat else to do I only use mobil gas 93

You do realize that cars are supposed to "idle" right?... I think you mean that it vibrates, and if it is just "a little", there's probably not much else you can do about it if there's no check engine lights or other warnings.

AWallerJr
03-24-12, 04:03 PM
Even though its Mobil gas doesn't mean its good gas. The tank at the gas station could be the problem. Try a different gas station and see what happens

Daniel10Slade
03-26-12, 07:52 PM
My 2010 Escalade does the exact same thing! for a moment its smooth and then shakes alittle, its got like 25,000miles and not once used regular.

I 'm currently renting a 2012 YukonXL SLT(the Caddie is in the shop) and it does the exact same thing, it seems like thats how GM engines idle and its quite annoying.

And btw the Yukon does not have a locking steering wheel which is totally strange but...My 1995 Ford Club Wagon XLT has it........ WHAT YEAR ARE WE IN ? ITS ALREADY 2012!!!!

Playdrv4me
03-30-12, 02:34 AM
it seems like thats how GM engines idle and its quite annoying.

bingo.

Divine1Limo
06-22-12, 12:22 AM
my 2008 does the same thing its annoying, but no check engine lights.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-22-12, 11:36 AM
Divine1Limo, I'm sorry to hear that! Are you considering taking it to a dealership? Feel free to send me an email anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

kazza93203
06-22-12, 11:03 PM
That's the last thing you would want to do is take it into a dealership, unless your covered under warranty. Most likely it's your motor mounts, GM is known to hv crappy mounts. Try running premium with a fuel additive. Also could be tranny mounts aswell.

zogg
06-23-12, 11:09 AM
My 07 seems to idle a little rough in park, but never in gear....not sure why the difference. Seems like it would be the other way around, since the idle is reduced in gear. I just bought it a few weeks ago, and have been using regular fuel as per the owners manual. I do intend to try premium on the next tank to see if there is any difference.