: Cold Air Intake

jeray
03-17-12, 06:08 PM
Was wondering what brand of cold air intake for my 2007 escalade everyone would recommend me purchasing.

jeray
03-18-12, 09:18 PM
Was wondering what brand of cold air intake for my 2007 escalade everyone would recommend me purchasing.

Ended up buying the Volant Cold Air Intake w cold air ram and power core filter. Hopefully should have it by Friday. I'll post pics and vids if I can ever figure out how to do it. Haha

2007XTSDub
03-18-12, 10:22 PM
I had a Volant on my old 07. It probably the best for the 09 and under Escalades

Ghost Deany
03-18-12, 10:24 PM
I have the K&N metal 1 i like it.

quattrotman
03-19-12, 12:19 AM
Afe with dry filter. Whatever u get, my advice would be to avoid oiled filters. I've gone through 6 mass airflow sensors on various vehicles...all fouled by oil filters. Never again.

hcvone
03-19-12, 07:02 AM

In 2007 and 2008 the Volant was/is a good system, when GM changed to the cartidge MAF the Volant stopped being as good because of the poor way they attached the MAF to their tube

ZR1-638HP
03-19-12, 07:15 AM
I would Look Into the INJEN Technology CAI. It is supposed to be already made specifically tuned
for each application.

jeray
03-19-12, 09:27 AM
Afe with dry filter. Whatever u get, my advice would be to avoid oiled filters. I've gone through 6 mass airflow sensors on various vehicles...all fouled by oil filters. Never again.

Appreciate the advice, now I'm deff glad I went with the power core filter( dry). As silly as this sounds, how do I post pics of my escalade on here?

K9Caddy
03-19-12, 12:11 PM

Interesting... I've had the K&N filter on all my vehicles and NEVER had any issues with my MAF's.

hcvone
03-19-12, 01:50 PM
Interesting... I've had the K&N filter on all my vehicles and NEVER had any issues with my MAF's.

Me too, never had a problem, the only time I have seen issues is from over oiling, they come pre oiled and the only time you ever need to reoil them is if you wash them.

quattrotman
03-20-12, 02:58 AM

It may never be an issue on the escalade because of the design...the MAF is a bit higher up. On many of the vehicles that I had probs with, the filter mounted onto the MAF housing and was right next to it and the filter was level with or even a bit higher. The escalade filter hangs down a bit which may help keep the oil in the filter. I just won't buy them anymore as dry filters are just as good or better and I have the piece of mind it won't mess up my MAF. If you do a bit of research on it, you'll find it's a common complaint...I'm actually surprised K&N hasn't been sued becasue of it.

bryanpaige
05-03-12, 08:59 PM
How much did the airflow sensors cost your for the escalade?

----------

Ended up buying the Volant Cold Air Intake w cold air ram and power core filter. Hopefully should have it by Friday. I'll post pics and vids if I can ever figure out how to do it. Haha

I just bought a K&N intake. Have you had any issues?

mbdubb2361
05-06-12, 02:05 AM
I have a K n N filter and it sounds great.

jdubh25
06-19-12, 10:39 AM
Are you guys able to post any sound or video clips? Does K&N make a dry filter?

48Dodge
06-27-12, 10:54 AM
Are you guys able to post any sound or video clips? Does K&N make a dry filter?

I'm not sure how many dry filters there are on the market but I know AEM has one. Had one on a Tahoe and I was happy with it.

Rob03ext
05-22-13, 02:33 AM
I'm also looking for one, and there are some on eBay for $66- $$250. Some are blue and some are red. What do you guys think about them? Anybody bought cai from eBay?

LowNslow
05-22-13, 11:42 AM
k&n filter in my stock box...if I were to buy one the only one id consider is Volant. The 'open filter' under the hood seems like it'd suck in nothing but hot air vs a box with a snorkel pulling cooler air in from outside the engine bay. Plus anything with metal piping looks nice but seems to defeat the purpose of cai as well as metal retains heat & your heating the air pulling in. Just my opinion...

hemiwin6.2
05-22-13, 04:17 PM
Check out Cold Air Inductions kit. It looks extremely well designed. It has an encloses insulated box, ceramic coated tube, ect.

I ordered one, but it is on backorder.

36dbldz
05-23-13, 12:54 PM
So would a volant with a dry filter on a 2010 be awight?

gdirty5
05-24-13, 11:45 AM
I'm curious too. Hear great things about volant, air raid, and k&n but has anyone tested these to see which has the best gains? Fuel mileage increase, or sound?
I have a 2010 also...

Royalton
05-24-13, 08:34 PM
I have a Volant. I went with the oil filter as it has a higher flow rate. Between like 3000-3700 I get a wohhhhhhh sound. before or after that range same as stock. It makes you think the engine is more powerful. Either way I prefer the growl of the raw engine or exhaust better. But people riding in my car say it sounds more powerful. I think Volant is good. Oil filter relube bottle should be 1/4 the size that it is as people would use it more conservatively than. Oil filters are good, it's the people over applying the oil that are not

FlipEXT
05-24-13, 10:48 PM
I also have a Volant intake and man do I love the sound. The truck both feels and sounds more powerful than its stock counterparts. I test drove a few other Escalades and when I test drive the one I have now with the intake it was love at first sound.. I know my jokes are corny but I am extremely happy.

hemiwin6.2
06-13-13, 10:48 PM
Ok, I got my new Cold Air Inductions inc. intake, and installed it. This thing is by far the nicest CAI I have ever had. I have put an intake on every vehicle I have ever owned including several K&N's (metal & plastic) , Volant, custom LegMaker for my SRT8, to custom Steiger for my wife's caravan and my Samurai.
I would have to think that this intake would make more power than any other simply because of the design. I have no proof, I can't honestly say that I have ever really felt a difference with any intake, other than sound.
This intake is essentially a Volant that is made out of ceramic coated aluminum with a foil bubble insulated box and a clear window on top to view the filter. It is made with extreme attention to detail.

The only downfall is that it cost $380. They also say that it only increases 11 HP and 5 tq. I honestly believe it will outperform any other no matter what they "claim".

I recommend you check them out if you are looking for a CAI