: Steering Wheel Part#

K9Caddy
03-15-12, 04:49 PM
I've been trying to locate the correct part number for part #3, in the attached diagram. I did order it from gmpartsdirect.com, using my VIN and I received a cheap flat silver version, instead of the brushed steel look as on our steering wheels. I've seen a few part numbers and the parts vary greatly in cost too. Anywhere from a few dollars to over a hundred dollars. My VIN# 1GYFK23229R260819

Has anyone ordered this part in the past or have any insight? Mine has a crease on it and I'd like to have it replaced.

RippyPartsDept
03-15-12, 05:44 PM
$171.82 - list price
$122.41 - your price

gotta order it from GM which would take a few days

give us a call if you'd like to place an order

cheers,
chris

K9Caddy
03-15-12, 05:51 PM
Thanks Chris! I believe we went over this before... There seemed to be multiple part numbers? The cheap one I ordered from Gmpartsdirect was just that, and not the one on my steering wheel. Even though that was what my VIN number pulled up. I'd assume for that price shown, it would be the brushed stainless steel version. Still confused on why that part would cost that much?? Seems a little ridiculous...

Playdrv4me
03-15-12, 07:08 PM
To deter people from building an Escalade in their backyard out of a Tahoe is why I presume much of these "appearance" parts are so much more whenever GM gets lucky enough that a part is specifically different between the trucks. For example, the little trim piece that fits on the end of the armrest for captain's chair versions of the rear seats is 9.00 regardless of what GMT SUV you buy it for.

RippyPartsDept
03-16-12, 11:44 AM
yeah the parts catalog didn't fully filter down to that single one (there were two other choices)

but it was clear from the option codes that this one was yours

the finish was designated as "trinity" in the description... and yeah now i do remember we talked about this before

K9Caddy
03-16-12, 12:42 PM
Thanks again, Chris! I'm gonna call in and order a few other part numbers as well...