: Redesign?

metalica23
03-15-12, 10:18 AM
So, we're looking to trade in our '08 ESV for a new ESV. But, I'm trying to decide the best approach. Are the 2012's that different from the 2011s? Edmunds suggests some minor nuances in the NAV. If I could find an '11 with the options/color I want on a lot, I might be willing to take the depreciation hit, in exchange for the obvious deflated price. Of course, I'd consider a '12 as well.

But, my big question is when is the next expected redesign? Is it '13 or '14 model year? If it's '13, when would it "hit the shelves"? A complete redesign may increase the depreciation on the '11/'12 models allowing me to let them take a little more of the depreciation instead of taking it myself!

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-15-12, 06:05 PM
Hi metalica23,

I double checked my resources for you, and sadly I won't be able to provide design information until the model year begins of the vehicle in question. So, I would be more than happy to assist with noting the design differences of the 2013 model in 2013, but I'm sure you're looking to trade your ESV before then.

In addition to Edmunds, you may find kbb.com very helpful if you haven't already explored it; however, General Motors does not endorse or maintain this site and is not responsible for any of its contents.

Please feel free to send me a private message anytime you have questions or would like me to investigate concerns!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Playdrv4me
03-15-12, 06:12 PM
The next Escalade is slated to arrive in 2013 as a 2014 model. If you need to trade out, it's probably not worth waiting that long. Now, with that said, the 2007 redesign was rushed to production and actually began selling in January of 2006 (alongside the ACTUAL '06s for much of that year). So if GM follows that same schedule, you could potentially be into a 2014 as soon as 9 months from now, but I wouldn't count on it. There also will likely be ZERO discounting at that juncture.

As for 2012 vs. 2011, you may want to check this thread for the most substantive change to the 2012 Escalade "Premium" trim. This is about all that's changed (translation: get whatever is the best deal)... http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/242818-whoah-2012-escalade-has-new-rear.html

metalica23
03-15-12, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the responses!

I certainly don't "need" to trade out. Our '08 only has 35k, but we usually trade in about every 3 years. Having said that, my only interest in the '13/'14 redesign was to try to leverage that information to help get a discount on a '11/'12. Typically when a redesign arrives, you can get some great deals (well, "great" just meaning you pay less because the car is worth less!) on new vehicles still on the lot. If the redesign isn't going to be out until the end of the year, or most likely next summer (2013) then I'm fine with just buying now and not waiting. I was just curious if the '13 was going to be a redesign and might be out in the next 3-4 months. Not a big deal.

I'll read up on the '11/'12 differences. Thanks again!!