: Mud in engine compartment

jazzy
03-15-12, 10:31 AM
Hi guys
I have an 08 EXT and when i drive on a gravel road in the rain i get all sorts of mud in the engine compartment, is there any way to extend the inner fender to stop it. Would also like to know if anyone has tried the GF high performance chips or is it a lot of hyp.
Thanks

hcvone
03-15-12, 11:16 AM
Hi guys
I have an 08 EXT and when i drive on a gravel road in the rain i get all sorts of mud in the engine compartment, is there any way to extend the inner fender to stop it. Would also like to know if anyone has tried the GF high performance chips or is it a lot of hyp.
Thanks

Not really you need the air to keep things cool under the hood, I drive on a lot of dirt and gravel too, all there is up my way in upstate NY, you have to detail your engine compartment like you clean the rest of your truck, I do mine 3-4 times a year, if you keep up on it it's easy, many detail shops will detail your engine too. :) The new Intune from Preditor works real well, there will be full trans programming very soon too. Dyno tuning will give you the most performance becaise it's custom to your truck. :)

K9Caddy
03-15-12, 12:09 PM
Carl-

Please stop telling people that TCM support is coming soon for the iTune. We've been hearing that for YEARS about the old predator...

If you want TCM support, get the Trinity. It is there and there is need to wait for any promises.

48548m
03-16-12, 01:06 AM
Carl-

Please stop telling people that TCM support is coming soon for the iTune. We've been hearing that for YEARS about the old predator...

If you want TCM support, get the Trinity. It is there and there is need to wait for any promises.

:thumbup:

x2. I have a trinity as well.

hcvone
03-16-12, 07:32 AM
Carl-

I know it's coming soon because I have it in one of my trucks for several months, I never heard it was coming for years, I heard it would be late 11' or early 12' and that was a year ago at SEMA when I saw the inTune and was told that all Preditor work was done, we were not a test subject for the Trinity, just Preditor and inTune on Escalade's and CTSV's. :)

K9Caddy
03-16-12, 07:43 AM
I was talking about the OLD Predator hand-held. Diablosport has been promising TCM support for a very long time. Then they came out with the inTune and we are hearing the same story.

Well, I'm glad it seems to be coming soon, since you've actually been the guinea pig on the new inTune. Looks like I might actually buy one soon...

hcvone
03-16-12, 09:48 AM
I was talking about the OLD Predator hand-held. Diablosport has been promising TCM support for a very long time. Then they came out with the inTune and we are hearing the same story.

Well, I'm glad it seems to be coming soon, since you've actually been the guinea pig on the new inTune. Looks like I might actually buy one soon...

I heard the old Preditor was suppose to include trans programming as well, but I only read that on Forums and never heard it from the company in any posts. Some times being the test subject is good because of the free products and great support, but more often than not it's a pain because there are so many variables in these new cars and trucks.

roadog1aj
03-17-12, 10:27 AM
Regarding the dirt getting into the engine compartment......I live in the northeast corner of Ohio, and for me, the dirt isn't as damaging as the salt and de-icing chemicals they put on our roads over the long winter months. (except this "non-winter") Because of this, I see lots of damage under the hood due to rust, and corrosion. Too combat this, I buy the large cheap rubber mud flaps, and spend a few hours trimming and fitting them to cover the openings in the fender wells of each vehicle I buy. Cars seem to have plenty of protection, but trucks/SUV's do not get the same attention to protection. I just traded in my 06 STS AWD for a 2011 EXT Premium with only 2,300 miles on it. Just luv this new ride, but if I don't cover the openings inside the fenders, the crud constantly splashing into the engine compartment will drive me nuts!! I haven't fitted the mud flaps yet, but either this weekend, or next will see that chore checked off my list. I have already fitted the weathertech mud guards to the fenders (had to adjust the power running boards) to limit some of the mud splattering up the sides. (Black is so much harder to keep clean, Sheesh!) Anyways...hope this helps...I'm sure others have done this to there trucks too, so I'm not giving any ground breaking new info, just saying what I do to limit crap, and salt, form getting into my engine compartment.

Nice Ride
07-02-12, 08:09 PM
Any pics of the mud guards for engine bay?