Cadillac Owners Forum banner

CTS-V vs MB E63 AMG on the Dyno

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Rockey 
#1 ·
#5 ·
no guzzler tax! breakthrough in performance sedans. :) I traded my CLS for a V. Number 1 reason was the handling, car would simply not turn, front end would push. Second reason is i felt i had a carjack target on my back everywhere i went. Nice car for simple cruising, air ride suspension is awesome for controlling the stance with out loosing ANY ride quality, FAT fenders will hug lower offset 20x11's something the V is missing :(

My V front tires are going bald on the OUTSIDE :) Come to find out i get thumbs up from ppl on the road all the time, lol everyone seems to know what the car is about. Maybe its just ppl get excited about muscle car stuff.

#6 ·
I don't know a lot about dynos, but I have a couple of questions....

Looking at the graph at the intersection where torque meets HP (a little over 5,000 RPM) is that the ideal spot to shift gears?

Typically, after looking at a dyno's rear-wheel measurement, what would that indicate is the true power numbers at the flywheel?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.