: Cold air intake void the warranty?

tnsong
03-14-12, 07:07 PM
Hey I talked to a caddy dealer today and he told me that a cold air intake voids the warranty. Is that true ? Bummer if it is. Oh well maybe there's a drop I. Filter that would be better than nothing. Btw here is my vin 1g6dh577490141258 . What all is inclunded in a "performance package"? I also have a luxury package 1. They said it would be here in 24 hours.

mikesul
03-15-12, 01:36 PM
I doubt very much that an intake (cai) would void the warranty. It never did on my Corvettes, and I had all warranty work/oil changes done at the dealer.

jovi440
03-19-12, 06:28 PM
What a coincidence . I was at my dealership this morning and was discussing air filters and the cost of these filter when purchased thru the cadillac dealer. He said lots of people use a cone type filter with an adapter to fit it in the original box. I asked him about the CAI and if it would void the warranty. He said he did not think so because it is only an improvement over the original system and not a major change. The CIA only does it a lot better. At this dealership it would not void the warranty.