: Cruise control problems

lee88
03-14-12, 03:29 PM
Anyone ever had trouble with cruise control on their escalade? If so was it a quick fix?

48Dodge
03-14-12, 04:17 PM
Not engaging? Most likely it's the brake light switch. It's attached to the upper section of the brake pedal arm. Unhook and unplug it. I think I got a replacement from the Chevy dealer for less than $40. I was able to get my original one working momentarily by opening it up and cleaning it. I've heard of others getting theirs working properly after a quick clean.

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-14-12, 11:06 PM
I'm sorry to hear the cruise control has been giving you issues, lee88! If you're not Do-It-Yourself inclined, I would definitely suggest taking your Escalade to your Cadillac dealership for a thorough diagnosis. If you don't have a dealership you regularly use, I'm always happy to locate one for you.

Please keep us in the loop!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Divine1Limo
06-22-12, 01:28 AM
Mine does not work either im going to try to replace that switch seems like the going consensous

Drpete3
03-22-13, 02:03 PM
I replaced my brake pedal switch last night and it still isnt working unless I kick/tap the pedal............Thoughts? Also, when the cruise is off the green light is off. Ive read others that had this trouble but the light would come on and no cruise. Mine is not that way. If the cruise is on then the light is on.

48Dodge
03-22-13, 02:48 PM
Sounds like the switch still. Maybe try reinstalling. Are your brake lights working ok? Maybe lube the hinge point of the brake pedal too

Rustico
03-22-13, 03:17 PM
Yes if it is not engaging then the most likely thing is a bad switch EASY do it yourselfer for less than $20...Thank GOD. If only my service traction control and heated seats problems were this easy.

48Dodge
03-22-13, 08:14 PM
Drpete said he just replaced the switch so something may just be hanging it up

Punmax
03-23-13, 04:39 AM
The green light on the dash only comes on when the cruise control is active (maintaining speed).

Bubblerida
03-23-13, 05:45 PM
The green light on the dash only comes on when the cruise control is active (maintaining speed).

I have a brand new cruise control steering wheel switch and a used one for sale if you need it

MrHolland
03-23-13, 06:19 PM
For sale items go in our for sale sticky at the top of our section.

rjjfam
03-28-13, 11:08 AM
I have a new brake light switch, but I can't seem to figure out how to remove the old switch. Do you have to remove the screw? I see a retainer clip of some sort, but i don't want to damage anything. Can someone post pics if they have any?