: Car Will Not Shift PLEASE HELP

DarkN1gh7
03-14-12, 12:01 PM
I have an 05' CTS that I just bought a few weeks ago. It has the 3.6l motor with rear wheel drive.

Only having the car for a few weeks and today I go out to go to work, start the car back out of the driveway and everything is good. As soon as I put the car into drive and hit the gas something goes wrong. When coming out of first gear there was a slight jerk, and the car would not accelerate quickly. I could put the pedal all the way to the floor and the car would just slowly accelerate as if it was in the wrong gear or something.

I parked, turned the car off. And tried again. Same thing happens but this time no jerk.

I just spent a bunch of money on this car to begin with, if the transmission is bad I serious might kill myself.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

darkman
03-14-12, 12:44 PM
Do not kill yourself.

Do repost your question in the CTS Forum.

(This is the CTS-V forum. All of our cars are manual transmission, and we cannot spell automatik.)

DDS rollin a CTS
03-14-12, 01:52 PM
Do not kill yourself.

Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to stop him...

Do repost your question in the CTS Forum.

(This is the CTS-V forum. All of our cars are manual transmission, and we cannot spell automatik.)

...yeah that....

Rakenjevnk
03-14-12, 04:39 PM
sounds like limp-mode to me, but then again all the regular CTS come from the factory in limp mode... go V!

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-14-12, 09:17 PM
I'm very sorry to hear you were experiencing this so shortly after purchase, DarkN1gh7! As darkman pointed out, posting your question in the CTS forum could yield some helpful feedback. If the problem continues, I would recommend visiting your Cadillac dealership for a thorough diagnosis. (And if you do not have a dealer you normally use, I would be happy to locate one on your behalf.)

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service