Cadillac Owners Forum banner

I was bored on a Sunday so I decided to customize my trunk storage

3K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Tackelbarry 
#1 ·
area. Basically, I just built a fancy box/enclosure with my version of the V logo on the access door. The 30mm ammo can is just to show the available space inside the enclosure. I have attached a couple of pictures.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks. I have restored and customized a lot of vehicles (50+), the most recent a 1969 Firebird Convertible, but the V really did not need any work. So, as I am always looking for something to do, this idea came to mind. I also designed the box so I can hang a couple of long guns inside it. Just in case I decide to stop by the range on my way home.
Maybe I should have posted this another board, but I thought it might give other V owners some ideas.

#7 ·
the box is perffect i had to do a double take to see if it was a full box to match the back seat or if you actually dug into the back of the seats . this would be really cool if where you had the "V" you used some plexi glass and got the v logo etched and wired some leds on the sides http://www.xpll.com/upload/20100705/20100705153600754.jpg like that ! might be a little bit too showey but i think that would be real cool!

----------

also the V logo that you used what is it made of where did you get that ?

#8 ·
The V logo was a picture that I enlarged and then cut out of wood. It is painted the factory sliver WA994L produced by Dupli-color. I also sprayed four coats of clear gloss with a light sanding between coats. I still have access to the manual trunk release by folding either of the rear seats forward. There is also about a 3-4" space between the rear seat and the box where I have done another custom touch.

#15 ·
Take a look at the new Ram trucks with the sportsmans package on them. On the driver side they have a storage locker at teh top of the bed sides that opens up and stores a few long guns in it. Pretty slick other than I think its a dead area if you put a cap on, which many sportsman do. I know myself, come sept. the cap goes on my truck to keep the hunting gear dry.

Jeff

#16 ·
Interesting idea....but it then takes away space for larger items...like golf clubs.

Speaking of storage areas in the trunk... there are squarish indents on either side in front of the tail lights...my pass side has 4 small holes in it...any reason why?

#17 ·
Interesting idea....but it then takes away space for larger items...like golf clubs.

They still fit. Of course, I only play a couple times a year so it wasn't my first priority.

Speaking of storage areas in the trunk... there are squarish indents on either side in front of the tail lights...my pass side has 4 small holes in it...any reason why?
Are you talking about the holes that you use to move the net hold down anchors too, to suit your needs?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.